ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Werth

Jason Williams (limo driver murdering one) would commute from NY to CoP when he played for Sixers. Legend has it he would frequently go in excess of 120 on NJ turnpike and outrun troopers attempting to pull him over.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by adp98:

Originally posted by ChuckSullivan97:

Everyone on this board has driven over 100 miles per hour in their life.
Wrong.
I am poor, never got laid or had friends in high school-college with nice cars. Carry on.
I have never driven 100 MPH. What's the point?

Grew up in a major city with plenty to do. Not the backwoods of WVA where you're often bored out of your skull.

Haha! Love getting adp worked up and revealing that true superiority complex that he harbors. I'm poor with no friends because I never drove over 100mph? Classic! Maybe it had more to do with the fact that I wasn't an insecure douche bag who felt it necessary to drive fast in order to impress/get friends? Guy is pure entertainment.

This post was edited on 2/8 1:54 PM by ChuckSullivan97

You are lying if you say you've never been a car going 100 MPH. If not, you are the tightest person in the world. One or the other. Every red blooded male between the ages of 16-24 had the friend with a fast car or guy who drove fast. Everyone. At some point, you went 100. If not, you didn't get out much. You never got laid, you are wound so tight it hurts or you're lying. Those are the options.

This post was edited on 2/8 2:15 PM by adp98

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Wrong.
I am poor, never got laid or had friends in high school-college with nice cars. Carry on.

Grew up in a major city with plenty to do. Not the backwoods of WVA where you're often bored out of your skull.
At no point in your life you found yourself in this or a similar situation: 22 year old burrs and boys from west Philly just piled into the Mustang and are heading down the shore. It's late Thursday night and Wildwood is within your grasp. No traffic because you got a late start, you hit 100 somewhere between Hammonton and the Parkway exit. You f-ing liar. That absolutely happened at some point and you hit 100 again on the parkway just after the last Ocean City exit. We've all done it.

Wrong.

At no point in your life you found yourself in this or a similar situation: 22 year old burrs and boys from west Philly just piled into the Mustang and are heading down the shore. It's late Thursday night and Wildwood is within your grasp. No traffic because you got a late start, you hit 100 somewhere between Hammonton and the Parkway exit. You f-ing liar. That absolutely happened at some point and you hit 100 again on the parkway just after the last Ocean City exit. We've all done it.
Nope........Never that fast. Maybe. mid 80's but that's it.......Not worth the risk on so many levels.

Haha! Love getting adp worked up and revealing that true superiority complex that he harbors. I'm poor with no friends because I never drove over 100mph? Classic! Maybe it had more to do with the fact that I wasn't an insecure douche bag who felt it necessary to drive fast in order to impress/get friends? Guy is pure entertainment.

This post was edited on 2/8 1:54 PM by ChuckSullivan97
More like overcompensation to mask an inferiority complex.

If you don't rev your engine and drive real fast, you're not a real man. Got it.
This post was edited on 2/8 2:56 PM by Novacatt94

Wrong.

Nope........Never that fast. Maybe. mid 80's but that's it.......Not worth the risk on so many levels.
So to clraify: you have never been in a car at any point traveling 90 MPH or higher because it's too dangerous on so many levels. 85 MPH is fine but 93 would be too dangerous on an open highway to have ever tried or been in a car that did so. I rest my case. Either bald-faced liar or most tightly-wound person in the world who never got out much.

Yea, you're right. I never got out much. Yawn. What a dick statement....

I don't drive that fast. I choose drive myself places, rarely rely on rides anymore. It serves no purpose. Yes, the faster you drive the more dangerous it gets. Also, no need to senselessly get a 200 ticket on the Parkway or AC Xpressway on way to sure. Stupid. Not saying you always do the speed limit, but never need to go 100. Never, never, never, never......So, great because you have then we can all say you truly lived a great life.

Why would i lie about something like this?

So burrs and never been in a car traveling 90 or had a taco until mid 30's. I'll be believe anything.

I don't think its that crazy to never have driven or been in a car >100 mph. I did it once on AC xway in my rabbit GTI. I have fond memories of that car. Tires only lasted about 15,000 miles but that car was fun to drive.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Tom, but yet you've done it. It is more dangerous to be driving and texting than Jayson Werth driving 105 on the wide open beltway in his 200K custom Porchse. He could have done so in 3rd gear and his car is made for those speeds. For a red-blooded American male over the age of 30 to never have gone 100 at any point is just crazy. Never over 90 MPH. Not once, that's not believable. 5 days in jail unless this was a multiple time offense is way too harsh.

Nope. Never did it. Never felt the need. Never really on the road by myself either. Ohh, and I don't feel a void in my life because I only drive moderately over the speed limit.

I don't care about J. Werth and he chooses to drive. He did it, he got caught, and now someone with authority had him sitting in jail for 5 days. Oh well....

Tom, but yet you've done it. It is more dangerous to be driving and texting than Jayson Werth driving 105 on the wide open beltway in his 200K custom Porchse. He could have done so in 3rd gear and his car is made for those speeds. For a red-blooded American male over the age of 30 to never have gone 100 at any point is just crazy. Never over 90 MPH. Not once, that's not believable. 5 days in jail unless this was a multiple time offense is way too harsh.
Yea, Flyers' Pelle Lindbergh's Porsche was made to go fast, too, but that didn't help him.

6a0120a6dde087970b0134899964c6970c-pi

ADP, it's definitely not that crazy. You throw "red blooded american male" out there like we're talking about eating red meat or having a beer. I maybe have gone over 90 once but I definitely have never cracked 100. Have a friend who drives like a maniac and he definitely tops 90 all the time. And I guess speeding violations should have night time penalties vs. day time penalties. You're acting like you were in the car with Werth and know that he was laser focused on the road as he was easily cruising at 105. If it's so easy for his car than it's easy to assume that he was treating it as no big deal and wasn't as focused on the road and was a danger to anyone else who might have been on it.

Driving that fast on CoP highways seems a bit reckless, but many places it is not. CoP is a very congested place, even in the outer burbs. But you get 20 miles outside of boston and you could easily find yourself going 90+ at night if no other cars are around without thinking about it. We are talking about wide roads built for major traffic but real straight and we'll designed that don't have many cars on them at certain times.

Aren't there some places that have 85 mph speed limits? Considering your speedometer is probably +/- 5 mph, there are people traveling 90 in the normal course of driving. And extra 15 mph isn't crazy.

Originally posted by qwe015:
Driving that fast on CoP highways seems a bit reckless, but many places it is not. CoP is a very congested place, even in the outer burbs. But you get 20 miles outside of boston and you could easily find yourself going 90+ at night if no other cars are around without thinking about it. We are talking about wide roads built for major traffic but real straight and we'll designed that don't have many cars on them at certain times.

Aren't there some places that have 85 mph speed limits? Considering your speedometer is probably +/- 5 mph, there are people traveling 90 in the normal course of driving. And extra 15 mph isn't crazy.
And as long as you're going 105, what difference does it make if you go 120? It's only another 15 mph.

Originally posted by qwe015:
CoP is a very congested place, even in the outer burbs.
for anyone in the CoP area looking to push their limits, highly recommend the stretch of 95 between the Bristol and Penndel exits in Lower Bucks County (a little over 5 minutes from NE Philly border). Straight as an arrow for at least 1 mile-plus, with full visibility for cops after a spot at the top following Bristol and a slight downhill northbound. I'd imagine many triple digit cherries popped there.

Safest area to hit high speeds that I've seen, along with 495 in Delaware. Also safer than any area I've seen in the DC area.

Incidentally, always like the story (not sure if true) that Eisenhower mandated that every 5 miles of the interstate highway system include one mile that was reasonably straight as to be used for a landing strip in war time if need be. Always imagined that would be a very useful one.

This post was edited on 2/11 2:44 PM by lowry99

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT