ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden - Elizabeth Warren Ticket

How would a Biden-Warren ticket fare?

• They'd defeat Hillary and carry all 50 states to win the White House.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Defeat Hillary, win the general election over Trump with realtive ease.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Defeat Hillary, then defeat Trump in a very close election.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Defeat Hillary, lose to Trump.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Gain no traction in the Dem Party....lose to Hillary.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Latest RCP average shows Trumo 42.8% and Hillart 43.8%. Her electoral college lead has now shrunk to 201 - 164. I'd say that's pretty close even though polls this far out don't really show more than the current trend line. A month ago Hillart was up by 11% in the popular vote and was over the 270 electoral votes needed to win. Hillary's poll negatives are still going up while Trumo's are going down.[/QUOTE

Again, I don't really give much credence to national polls. They make very little sense as an indicator. But my point was more that he is not polling well with any demo other than whites . Namely, lesser educated whites. Women, Hispanics, well educated - not doing well at all. Very hard to win in 2016 without those demos ..

Most who know me know I'm a pretty big Republican but I honestly believe Trumo is going to win. I'm not willing to say handily or not yet but I truely believe that. Months ago I posted on here that I believed he would win the nomination and he did. I feel the same thing about the general for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that no one likes Hillart-even most democrats don't like Hillart. Call them crazy but the Trumo supporters are incredibly loyal and there are a ton of them. They are very fired up! Hillart's rallies look like wakes. She does not have the ability to inspire people like Slick Wiley or Barry Obama did. Further, this idea that all of the Bernie freaks are going to be fired up and vote for Hilliart in anything close to the numbers they are showing for Bernie is nonsense. They love Crazy Uncle Bernie because he is out there promising free college, free health care, a huge increase in minimum wages, free this and free that. Plus its a cool time to go to a Crazy Uncle Bernie rally. Hillart is not cool-most of these low life kids won't care to vote for Hillart by November.
Finally, it's all about the electoral college. This election will be decided by Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Trumo's approval ratings with latinos will matter very little in whether he wins or loses those states as the latino population is not that significant in those states. The only group that could possibly matter in those states is the woman's vote-however, I also do not believe that Hillart will get 75% of the female vote. What it all comes down to is his unpopularity with certain groups is not enough to keep him from winning the electoral votes he needs in the states he needs.

Last edited:
Obviously Florida is very important as well. However, with the way Trumo beat up Little Marco so badly in his home state (not to mention the fact that he had already knocked out low-energy JEB before the primary) I believe he will win Florida somewhat safely. His support is very strong there. Once I know what the definition of handily is I will be willing to say whether I put Florida in that column.

Good article adp98. The thing is I think that article didn't even mention the biggest mistake that she is going to make-the African American vote. There is no way African Americans come out to vote for Hilliart in anything close to the numbers that they did when Barry was on the ballot. I actually think Trump appeals and can even pick up a larger percentage of the African American vote than a Republican nominee has received in a long time.

Once I know what the definition of handily is I will be willing to say whether I put Florida in that column.

Predicting that a candidate wins "handily" is the kiss of death on this newsgroup.

Just ask Mitt, he knows this all too well.

Reactions: Banjo13
That was a really interesting article, adp. One of the mistakes the talking heads are making is taking the polls and applying the 2008 and 2012 models to project the end result of the election. This election is going to be entirely different than previous elections. For example, I live in a retirement community. Obviously it's full of old folks who are traditionally Democratic voters. I haven't talked to a single person who's not planning to vote for Trumo. Personally, I would never have even considered voting for a guy like Trumo. But, my distaste for Crooked Hillary is so intense so that I'm voting for him.

Reactions: Banjo13
Good article adp98. The thing is I think that article didn't even mention the biggest mistake that she is going to make-the African American vote. There is no way African Americans come out to vote for Hilliart in anything close to the numbers that they did when Barry was on the ballot. I actually think Trump appeals and can even pick up a larger percentage of the African American vote than a Republican nominee has received in a long time.
Who is going to be Hillart's VP? Nutter?

The thing I don't get about the turnout arguments... what else are the Democratic voters in these swing states going to be doing that day? Working? If it looks like the election will be close, the Democratic get out the vote machine -- more sophisticated than Trumo's by a huuuge margin -- will get people out.

The thing I don't get about the turnout arguments... what else are the Democratic voters in these swing states going to be doing that day? Working? If it looks like the election will be close, the Democratic get out the vote machine -- more sophisticated than Trumo's by a huuuge margin -- will get people out.
I actually think this will be the difference in the election. Dems will do s good enough job getting their apathetic voters out to carry a couple of the swing states, and that's all they need. If votes were weighted based on how strongly the voter supports the candidate Trumo would probably win, but I think Crooked Hillary will squeak by.

Why are these dirty dems so apathetic? Have they figured out that the establishment owns the whole process now and that their "vote" is a false choice?
No, they just don't think Hillary is fighting for the 99% (whatever that means), so they have no hope for change with her. She's part of "the system," so she's no good (ignore that the Bern and Obama are also part of the system).

No, they just don't think Hillary is fighting for the 99% (whatever that means), so they have no hope for change with her. She's part of "the system," so she's no good (ignore that the Bern and Obama are also part of the system).
So she doesn't provide the empty illusion of hOpe, like Barry did? So they don't give a damn. It's a bit scary to think what will happen when the (growing) unwashed masses mobilize.

Great to see Little Marco has joined the Trumo Train!

This despite earlier comments from each:

Trumo: “Lightweight Senator Marco Rubio is a dishonest person. He has cheated with credit cards, and does favors for lobbyists. In my opinion, he is a total crook and I am doing the people of Florida a great favor by further exposing him.”

Little Marco: ""Donald Trump has been perhaps the most vulgar -- no I don't think perhaps -- the most vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency in terms of how he's carried out his candidacy,"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT