ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Embid

I think I would let Joe give me a footjob if it meant that foot stayed healthy.

Rayhad? Thoughts?

The only thing more impressive are the pre-draft workouts when guys go against the folding chair.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I would go Steven Adams but not sure he starts.

The only thing more impressive are the pre-draft workouts when guys go against the folding chair.
1182839820.jpg

I would go Steven Adams but not sure he starts.

Steve Adams was something like +19 last night. No one else on the thunder was better than +8. He's a game changer.

Bogut is still better than Ezeli.

Valencunius, might be the best of the bunch though.

Steven adams offensive game was non-existent at pitt, and other than the pick and roll, it still does not exist. That being said he is still a really valuable and lets face it, he is basically what you can hope for out of a traditional center these days: a bit of goonery, some pick and rolls, some blocks, and some boards.

There are pitt fans that are still bitter that he didn't put up better offensive numbers at pitt, and they blame jamie dixon. of course, these people don't understand how the game works these days.

Adams also moves really well and defends. He's only going to get better. Already better than Kantor. Thunder-warriors series is going ti be awesome. I'm rooting for a Cavs-Thunder finals. Love to see LeBron or the dynamic duo get a ring.

Yea, I hope Lebron gets that third ring. Then, he'll only be three behind the greatest player of all time. Pretty cool that stars like Irving and Love are playing at such a high level and actually around to give him the help he needs. Oh yea, and every other role player hasn't missed a three in a month. Yea, that's cool, too. Oh yea, they're just rolling over a blah eastern conference. that's cool, too.

OKC playing three bigs and a hybrid 6'11" guard didn't seem to mind the "Death Line-up" last night. Good for them in not believing that you can't win playing bigs in today's NBA.

Their bigs are perimeter players who happen to be tall with the exception of Adams and kanter.

Steven adams offensive game was non-existent at pitt, and other than the pick and roll, it still does not exist. That being said he is still a really valuable and lets face it, he is basically what you can hope for out of a traditional center these days: a bit of goonery, some pick and rolls, some blocks, and some boards.

So you're saying that you don't need to tank and use a couple lottery picks on a position that successful teams fill with a random warm body?

So you're saying that you don't need to tank and use a couple lottery picks on a position that successful teams fill with a random warm body?

Yea, if you already have studs like Durant, Westbrook, and Harden in place. You know, players they got from sucking royally. And I think Adams (Not positive) may have come about from their trade of Harden.

Yea, if you already have studs like Durant, Westbrook, and Harden in place. You know, players they got from sucking royally. And I think Adams (Not positive) may have come about from their trade of Harden.
So... the Thunder sucked... and didn't use three top 10 picks on traditional big men? And they're successful? HOW!?!

That Steven Adams pick originated with the Raptors. Who traded it for their franchise player, who you surely assigned low expectations to when he was at Nova.

So... the Thunder sucked... and didn't use three top 10 picks on traditional big men? And they're successful? HOW!?!

That Steven Adams pick originated with the Raptors. Who traded it for their franchise player, who you surely assigned low expectations to when he was at Nova.

No, they used them on arguably two generational type players. What generational type players did the Sixers miss out on in the last two drafts? They took the consensus best players available.

The TOR part of it is irrelevant. OKC traded a future AS and were able to get an important piece for this year's team.

Nah, wrong again D-head. I've always been a fan of Lowry. Good to see a former Phila. Catholic League player become successful.

No, they used them on arguably two generational type players. What generational type players did the Sixers miss out on in the last two drafts? They took the consensus best players available.

OKC traded a future AS and were able to get an important piece for this year's team.

1. So... there's no backup plan if they don't get a generational type player? Just pull the slot machine lever again and wait 5 years?

2. The draft pick was traded to acquire an all-star. Was Same Hinkie planning on doing this?

I have to admit - If (when?) the Sixers find out they're picking 3 or 4 tonight this board will be truly comical viewing.

Reactions: NickleDimer
1. So... there's no backup plan if they don't get a generational type player? Just pull the slot machine lever again and wait 5 years?

2. The draft pick was traded to acquire an all-star. Was Same Hinkie planning on doing this?

There has always been a multi-layered plan.

For as good Kyle is playing over the last few years let's not forget that TOR was his third team and he didn't make an AS team until his 9th and 10th years in the league. He played two years in TOR being an AS. So, could something have happened to Hinkie/Sixers? Sure, why not? TOR didn't trade for an AS. He eventually became one.

Who did the PROCESS sign or trade for that has AS potential? Carl Landry?

No one. And no one ever claimed he did. And if you paid attention it is real easy to tell that no such thing was ever tried. In his mind they weren't ready for that step in the process yet. Many seem to think that it would have moved forward some this offseason.

Lowry made the AS team for the first time in his 9th & 10th years. That is rare. TOR got a little lucky. It can happen, but it's not all that common.

On Embiid, I watched one of the videos last night (maybe the third one) and he didn't look all that explosive, more like a later career Moses Malone roll to the hoop. Maybe others are more promising. Look forward to seeing him in game action for the first time since the Arch and Chef were sophs, I wrote him off before they drafted him so anything they get out of him is gravy.

On Embiid, I watched one of the videos last night (maybe the third one) and he didn't look all that explosive, more like a later career Moses Malone roll to the hoop. Maybe others are more promising. Look forward to seeing him in game action for the first time since the Arch and Chef were sophs, I wrote him off before they drafted him so anything they get out of him is gravy.
Gravy would be nice, none of that for a long time for the Sixers, mostly mud.

Burrs' dislike of LeBron has always fascinated me. For a guy who says he loves basketball so much doesn't seem to appreciate an absolute generational talent playing the game. Weird.

Burrs' dislike of LeBron has always fascinated me. For a guy who says he loves basketball so much doesn't seem to appreciate an absolute generational talent playing the game. Weird.

Oh no, absolutely a generational talent. Minimum top 5 ever. Today, May 17, 2016, he's not ahead of Jordan, but no shame in that.

Also, he's had some moments where legit criticism has been fair.

In terms of his size and skill the league has never seen anyone like that.

He's awesome and very much appreciated. But because I don't put him ahead of Jordan, doesn't mean I don't see it.

It's simple, burrs grew up worshipping jordan which is why everytime someone mentions LeBron he has this weird impulse to bring up jordan.

It's simple, burrs grew up worshipping jordan which is why everytime someone mentions LeBron he has this weird impulse to bring up jordan.

I never worshipped Jordan. Not a Carolina or a Bulls fan. However, not hard for me to recognize he's the greatest to date. Move along now.

I never worshipped Jordan. Not a Carolina or a Bulls fan. However, not hard for me to recognize he's the greatest to date. Move along now.
who ever argued that point....no one. Way to build that strawman. tomorrow Burrs will be yelling to get off his lawn and remembering the good ole days. Everyone agrees Jordan was the best ever. Yet, you fashion yourself as this all knowing lover of sports and miss the greatest player of this generation....while clutching to your high school note book that you kept while watching all the people actually play the sports. If you actually played something you would appreciate Lebron. Keep those stats buddy.

who ever argued that point....no one. Way to build that strawman. tomorrow Burrs will be yelling to get off his lawn and remembering the good ole days. Everyone agrees Jordan was the best ever. Yet, you fashion yourself as this all knowing lover of sports and miss the greatest player of this generation....while clutching to your high school note book that you kept while watching all the people actually play the sports. If you actually played something you would appreciate Lebron. Keep those stats buddy.

Ahh, no, everyone doesn't agree. You might, but not everyone.

Anyway, I agree James is the greatest player of his generation. Clearly called him top 5 ever. What else would you like? I just don't simply dismiss some of the shortcomings when some people want to call you the greatest ever. Nah, that's not how it goes.

Play something? I played competive sports in HS and throughout my 20's. Hit the showers Michael Chang.

Burrs, you are arguing with yourself. Jordan is clearly the GOAT and I don't think any sane person has argued otherwise. However, if you need to argue with yourself to diminish Lebron go for it. It's small.

Burrs, you are arguing with yourself. Jordan is clearly the GOAT and I don't think any sane person has argued otherwise. However, if you need to argue with yourself to diminish Lebron go for it. It's small.

Cool. We're on the same page then. Also, I apologize for injecting MJ into the conversation. That was my bad. However, your memory must be slacking a bit. This discussion rises every year about this time. But like i was saying, my bad. You and I are on the same page.

No chance. Of course, I haven't dropped some serious wood on the turntables so I guess we're even.

No chance? Like you know me? ND is correct, tho. Not recently. But in my prime it was easily done. Tennis ball on a lowered rim, child please......Then again, when you're Mugsy Bogues height I can see why this could make a regular person proud. Cap tip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT