ADVERTISEMENT

John Robertson honored at BB halftime.

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
Guess the athletic department heard the grumbles when Peyton award winner John Robertson was overlooked for merited praise at the Georgetown game at the Wells Fargo center. Raf and his sidekick made note of it during the Seton Hall game. IMO JR deserves at lot more recognition by his school then this. Novas record in football and basketball is remarkable. No need to hide it.

It was a perfect opportunity for Andy or Vince (though Andy would have to have permission) to grab the microphone and say its going to be another great year of Villanova football and come on out and watch a great Villanova team and a great QB, John Robertson, and ask the crowd to consider ordering season tickets. On the video screen, they showed highlights of Robertson and a lot of the shots show empty stands. They should have shown some of his highlights from Syracuse in a bigger time atmosphere. I was at the game. He did get a decent ovation, but more could have been done.

20,500 at Georgetown game 6,500 last night
Enough said about that
I was at the game I thought JR was pumped. The crowd was pumped for a game vs a bitter ,long time rival. I thought JR was received very well.Prospect is right on
something should have been said about ticket sale somethng like" Place your order now to see this great QB and what is a national powerhouse team" No need to push. This was JR's moment. But something like I just posted could and should have been said..
Football and basketball teams will be loaded again next year.

Well deserved. Heard EWU QB transferred to Oregon. How about a JR Repeat in 2015?

If possible would hope JR gets a lot of help from new and returning RBs & WRs. Nova will have better chance at National title if QB doesn't have to do it all.

A repeat by J.R. would be absolutely fantastic. Very difficult to do. However, if we have a real good year and he does his usual Houdini like performance, running and passing he just might do it. Hope he and the team can avoid the injury bugaboo.

Please don't forget the O line. It's what's up front that counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT