ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cats 68-60 over Syracuse

UncleBill57

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2001
Finishing the regular season with a comeback win over the Orange on Senior night. Both seniors started. Lindsay Kimmel sank 5 treys, 4 during the first half and got taken out for an injury that didn't seem too serious. Roberts got a leg injury late in the game that could be a problem. Sweeney was in foul trouble throughout yet made some key contributions at both ends. RFR Lauren Bufford scored two treys late in the game. Our whole team played tough and earned a tough victory.

The Cats scored 42% on FG's, 53+% on treys and 80% from the line.
This post was edited on 2/27 10:36 PM by UncleBill57

UB57,

I am not a fan of the Cuse's ladies coach; he one played us zone in Manley(?)
Harry told me after the game that he was beside himself when he saw Cuse in the zone. I hope we continue to recruit players and athletes.

Totally agree with you WhiteCat. Earlier this year he zoned against Louisville and Becky Burke and Shonni Shimmel burned him for 18 threes! Last night they had us on the ropes, going to the hoop six straight times and scoring or getting fouls. With the lead and having our center and best player with four fouls he opted to spread the offense the next three times down the court, missing threes each time and allowing us to come back and win the game. Bad Coaching. Not sayin' that Harry was exactly pulling rabbits out of a hat at the other end either, but we finally managed to score inside at the end when it counted.

I assume Hartford is too long of a trip for you. Hopefully Nova will schedule a game in your area next year other than Cuse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT