ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh

simpaul

Wild-Kitten
Feb 14, 2010
Mel Greenberg, aka Womens Hoops Guru, said Harry got an early XMAS present today! He may be right but good teams find a way to pull it out at the end. Way to stick it out and get the W!

Win over Lehigh, 79-73 in OT

Yeah, a gift it was, courtesy of Emily Leer. We played really sloppy in this game, with 17 turnovers and poor 3-point shooting except for Leer and Devon Kane. Leer's two big threes in less than 50 seconds erased a six point Lehigh lead with less than 4 minutes to go. She totaled 24 points on 6-10 three point shooting before fouling out in the OT. Her four free throws and a Caroline Coyer three got us out to a 7 point lead in OT and we coasted home on 8-10 free throw shooting the rest of the way.

As stated, a win is a win and we did have to deal with more than 3,000 screaming grade school kids in the stands hooting at every Nova foul shot. The Lehigh pressure defense had something to do with it also. More missed free throws in this one (20-27 from the line), including the front end of two one and ones.

Kendall Burton's parents were on hand to see her play, as well as seeing her sister Kayla play for the first time. Kayla is a freshman starting guard for the Mountain Hawks.

Sacred Heart next up on Wednesday night in Bridgeport. Another tough mid-major team with three starters back, but a new coach for the first time in 24 years. Hopefully we can pull out another win to come home undefeated for our first Pavilion game this year.

Go Nova!

Re: Win over Lehigh, 79-73 in OT

Terry,

Leer's recruitment created a bit of controvery. Her
coach at Abington said she was doubled her entire
career and could play multiple positions. There were some
posts on this site which said she wasn't quick enough toplay Division 1.

The way she shoots it (especially the 3) and with her length..she is definitely a keeper. I really didn't see her as a recruit but if she was considered slow she gets credit for working hard as I certainly wouldn't label her that now..especially as a 4-5.

Here is another post about the game..

http://womhoops.blogspot.com/2013/11/gurus-philahoopsw-report-villanova.html

Mel Greenberg hasn't put anything out on PhilaHoopsW since Sept. 1st, so I imagine something happened with that. I preferred his game postings over there since they had more of a newspaper story feel rather than his random blog thoughts. Nevertheless, his blog on the Nova-Lehigh game had a pretty well laid out story and some player and coach quotes, so his blog that is apparently where we will need to go for his stories this year. I only look at his tweets rarely as I typically need more than he is getting me in those and he includes so many insider comments directed at specific people that we are not privy to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT