ADVERTISEMENT

Let's do a little crystal balling.....

Gangtackle11

'Nova Nation Sensation
Jul 14, 2012
Looking at the rest of the CAA schedule it is quite possible that there could be 4 teams 6-2 behind JMU.

let's take a look

JMU 8-0

Villanova (2-1 in CAA):
@ Albany W

@ Towson W
Maine W
@ Rhode Island W
Richmond W
@ JMU L
6-2 (7-4)

Richmond (3-0):
@ Rhode Island W

@ JMU L
Albany W
@ UNH L
@ Villanova L
William & Mary W
5-3 (7-4)

UNH (1-2)
@ William & Mary L

@ Delaware W
Rhode Island W
Richmond W
@ Albany W
Maine W
6-2 (8-3)

Stony Brook (1-3):
Towson L
@ Maine W
Elon W
@ Rhode Island W
Albany W
5-3 (7-3)

William & Mary (3-1):
New Hampshire W

JMU L
@ Elon W
Towson W
@ Richmond L
5-3 (7-4)

Both Stony Brook and William & Mary have games remaining with Hampton also

I know this won't go true to form, but it's a possibility that 80-90% will hold true.

I guess what I'm saying here is that the Wildcats can still get in. Starts in Albany.

Last edited:
Looking at the rest of the CAA schedule it is quite possible that there could be 4 teams 6-2 behind JMU.

let's take a look

JMU 8-0

Villanova (1-1 in CAA):
@ Albany W
@ Towson W
Maine W
@ Rhode Island W
Richmond W
@ JMU L
6-2 (7-4)

Richmond (2-0):
@ Rhode Island W
@ JMU L
Albany W
@ UNH L
@ Villanova L
William & Mary W
5-3 (7-4)

UNH (1-1)
@ William & Mary L
@ Delaware W
Rhode Island W
Richmond W
@ Albany W
Maine W
6-2 (8-3)

Stony Brook (1-2):
Towson W
@ Maine W
Elon W
@ Rhode Island W
Albany W
6-2 (8-2)

William & Mary (2-1):

New Hampshire W
JMU L
@ Elon W
Towson W
@ Richmond L
5-3 (7-4)

I know this won't go true to form, but it's a possibility that 80-90% will hold true.

I guess what I'm saying here is that the Wildcats can still get in. Starts in Albany.

VU will probably lose at JMU and will probably lose to either Towson or Richmond, if not both. Im thinking 6-5 just like 2013.

This year eerily like 2103. Coming off a playoff season in 2102 with high expectations and team lacked karma or whatever you want to call it and had disappointing season.

Hopefully they are just focused on beating Albany and Albany's cry baby former Sanduskyite head coach

Reactions: UncleEd
I wish the leagues didn't have Albany and Elon in it. They seem like D3 schools to me in terms of perception

Not to sound like a jerk, because those who know me on this board know that I am a true fan of the Villanova football program, but we literally have about a 5% chance to beat JMU.

Not to sound like a jerk, because those who know me on this board know that I am a true fan of the Villanova football program, but we literally have about a 5% chance to beat JMU.
Wildcat 03 I hate to disagree with you, but based on the Nova performance so far, we have a 0 chance of beating JMU down there,( or anywhere else)

VU will probably lose at JMU and will probably lose to either Towson or Richmond, if not both. Im thinking 6-5 just like 2013.

This year eerily like 2103. Coming off a playoff season in 2102 with high expectations and team lacked karma or whatever you want to call it and had disappointing season.
Villanova will NOT lose to Towson.

Reactions: brill
Is Towson that bad Ed? I know they were in a close game with Stony Brook today. In year's past, they were usually a tough opponent. Hope you are right. Would be nice to see these guys 4-3 with hope again

Is Towson that bad Ed? I know they were in a close game with Stony Brook today. In year's past, they were usually a tough opponent. Hope you are right. Would be nice to see these guys 4-3 with hope again
Brill I really don't think Towson is that bad of a team. I just think Nova is better . Towson is 3 -3 Lost at FBS East Carolina 28-20 beat St Francis(who) 35 - 20 and HC 29 - 26 both at home lost at Elon (how does any team lose to Elon) 17 - 13 lost to JMU at home 51 - 30 beat SB away 21 - 14.

I think this will be a tough game for the Wildcats. Towson is also fighting to stay in the FCS playoff race @ 3-3.

Goes down to the wire & dare I say the final will be decided by a FG. There I said it.

Villanova 24-21. Gerard Smith 34 yard FG as time expires.

I think 7 wins would be a major achievement for this team. Obviously, beating Towson is imperative.

Most FCS sites are stating that 7 wins will get you in the dance.

In the clubhouse:
James Madison 7-0

Still running:
Richmond 5-1
W&M 4-2
Villanova 3-3
Towson 3-3
UNH 3-3

Run the table?:
Stony Brook 2-3 (must win out. game vs. Toledo cancelled)
Maine 2-4
Delaware 2-4

Eliminated:
Albany 2-5
Elon 2-5
Rhode Island 1-6

Last edited:
Most FCS sites are stating that 7 wins will get you in the dance.

In the clubhouse:
James Madison 7-0

Still running:
Richmond 5-1
W&M 4-2
Vilanova 3-3
Towson 3-3
UNH 3-3

Run the table?:
Stony Brook 2-3 (must win out. game vs. Toledo cancelled)
Maine 2-4
Delaware 2-4

Eliminated:
Albany 2-5
Elon 2-5
Rhode Island 1-6

The Penn loss will keep us out of playoffs, just like the New haven loss did in 2001 and that team was 8-3 and co champs of the A10

Reactions: DCFRANKLIN
Only caveat (for the non compos mentis, caveat is latin for exception) would be if VU were to beat JMU we could get in the dance at 7-4. Unlikely but what the heck, I said it.

7 FCS wins is generally the ticket to the dance. Let's see where they stand:

In the clubhouse:
Richmond 7-2 (5-1)
William & Mary 7-2 (5-1)
JMU 7-2 (4-2)

Still on the course:
Towson 6-3 (4-2 in CAA)
@ William & Mary
Rhode Island

Villanova 5-4 (4-2)

Richmond
@ JMU

UNH 5-4 (3-3)
@ Albany
Maine

We'll see how this plays out. Our 'Cats have the hardest road left.

Last edited:
Fun just to be having the conversation. I recognize beating Richmond and JMU back-to-back is a tall order, but with that as a premise it is possible to see the following :

W&M 7-1, champs and auto bid

Nova 6-2, in second place alone IF they win out

Richmond 5-3, losing to W&M in last weekend
JMU 5-3, losing to Nova in last weekend
Towson 5-3, losing at W&M this week
New Hampshire 5-3, winning out

Most sites see four CAA teams in. If it finishes like this, I think second place alone and the knowledge of having to overcome the JR injury early on gets Nova in even though Towson won head-to-head and has a better overall record. Nova, Towson and Fordham would be fighting for two at-large spots.

Go Nova - a tough road - the playoffs start Saturday. And go W&M ...

Hopefully a good crowd this weekend. Perfect weather to see two good teams on Homecoming and Senior Day.

Reactions: Gangtackle11
Highly unlikely, but it's still possible for 6 CAA teams to get 7+ FCS wins.

That would certainly be a challenge for the selection committee.

VU is fortunate to have 2 very tough games ahead. Its our only path to the playoffs.
12th ranked Richmond and 14th ranked JMU await. Cats own a victory over 16th ranked Fordham and are receiving votes in the FCS polls. Not where we wanted to be, but its where we are.

Last edited:
The Penn loss will keep us out of playoffs, just like the New haven loss did in 2001 and that team was 8-3 and co champs of the A10
Ironically, Towson loss may be the game that costs VU a playoff bid. I got a sinking feeling when I saw Towson won at Maine last Saturday. They have the inside track on the Cinderella story this year. We found the glass slipper in 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT