ADVERTISEMENT

Linebackers Next Year

VUWildCat2003

Bleeds Villanova Blue
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
It seems besides Joey Harmon we have everybody back including Cherry, who is an animal. With that being said what happened to Dillon Lucas and Corey Majors? Are both guys back next year and expected to contribute? Anybody else we should expect to be a contributor? Shockley had a decent year right?

I don't know about Dillon yet. But Majors should be back.

Hurt in the Delaware game. Damm shame. Late first half gets an int.,returns it about 65 yds before stumbling on the two yd line. Goes down in a heap. Right in front of Nova section. BTW Cats did not score. On crutches at Liberty game.
He will have his degree in the spring. Dillon has been badly hurt before, so who knows what he will do. I love his play at LB spot.

Dillon Lucas would be a big loss. He has improved tremendously while he has been here. With Cherry, Majors, Shockley and Lucas we will have plenty of strength at LB.

I think T. J. White might help. Played well on special teams this season. Saw some time at LB.
Agree 100% that if Dillon does not return Cats will lose a good one.

Some more about T.J. White from West Chester Henderson. Philly Inquirer called him a rugged player. T. J. "I had a few other offers on the table. Villanova was a great fit for me, academically and football wise." Bucknell, Coastal Carolina, UNH, Towson, and Western Michigan offered.
His dad, Ted White played for Coach T's first Nova team in 85. His younger brother Bryan 6 3 280 is a 2015 commit.

emcee thanks I forgot about this kid, most likely because I don't count on true frosh helping at our level. Then again how could I forget that GREAT freshman season Dillon Lucas had?

Actually Malaguti from Don Bosco is built and plays more like Lucas than Cherry. He's a throw back LB that puts you asleep when he hits you. The other LB recruit from Hopewell Valley NJ is more in Cherry's mold as he is 6'1" 225lbs. & ran in the 4.6s. More quick & athletic. (3 stars from Scout & 2 stars from Rivals)

They also have Jeremy Steeb who redshirted this frosh season who was a 2nd team all state LB out of Holy Spirit in the mix. LB position is deep and talented next season.

This post was edited on 12/16 8:38 PM by Gangtackle11

If you were at the UD game you would have seen Dillon carry the whole UD team 72 yards on his back before going down. It was probably the most heroic thing I've ever seen. So yes, its an injury.

That play by Lucas was incredible. I thought for sure he would score and then to see him get hurt that badly was awful. HOpe he gets better for next year. good player

Lucas, Majors, Cherry, plus the young guys who got some good experience filling in this year will make up an excellent LB unit next year. There is some outstanding talent and experience in that group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT