ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of Football Coaches At Hoops Game

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
These guys deserve a big pat on the back for he super recruiting job.
Allow me jump ahead to next school year. Both football and basketball teams will be preseason top ten. Maybe top five.
Some fun.
Hoops Cats and football Cats are #7. Football in last ranking of season. Basketball currently. Hoops guys now 21 - 2 , 8-2 BE. But a tough stretch ahead, mostly on the road

Coaches were at the game to support/entice a few preferred walk-on candidates who were visiting for the weekend. After the G-town thumping, who wouldn't want to come?

I thought the Georgetwn game was a perfect opportunity athalftime to honor John Robertson for winning the Payton Award and Don Cherry for being runner up for the Buck Buchanon Award. What a great opportunity to promote the program to students and alums alike, and it goes by the wayside.

good comment, instead they have silly ass games, Robinson would have been terrific and brought the house down

Agree 100%.
Another opportunity to promote football is lost. Does anyone from the athletic department even care?

UncleEd...the answer to your question...nobody in the Athletic Dept. or Trustees cares! I've been saying this for years...there is an "unholy" "handshake" agreement with Radnor township NOT to push football. One of the marketing students in the VU School of Business can do a better job! come on...who are they fooling?

The students broke the VU record for mass inebriation set March 30, 1985 vs. Memphis St.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT