ADVERTISEMENT

Marco Rubio Remembered

christie_newsconference_img.jpg

A savage moment. Obama-like experience and then he blasts his memorized 25 second talking points. Rubio responds by spitting out the first sentence of the canned talking point that he had just said.

The GoP establishment will not be sending Chris a Valentine.

Do direct attacks like this at the single party debates just prepare a candidate for what's coming if they get the nod? Or does that weaken them?

Reactions: kmill14
Teaching moment. He'd been better off just saying he was a progressive woman.

No, he butchered. He's got to own it. We'll see how it impacts on Tuesday. He would simply have been better just saying he's a progressive woman after the third time he stumbled.

What's to become of one time front runner Dr. Carson? God the guy looked so hapless I even felt a little sorry for him....Looked like he was having second thoughts of going out on stage....Does he make it out of NH?...and what's become of the HP gal?

Carson is toast and rightfully so. I don't think anyone who was serious ever considered him a real candidate.

Carson is toast and rightfully so. I don't think anyone who was serious ever considered him a real candidate.

ADP, I consider you my DC connect. Can you just tell me who the next president will be?

I love that Rubio is claiming that he's going to eliminate capital gains taxes entirely. That's realistic, sport.....

Similar to free healthcare for everyone? And he really said this? Please show me the statement.

Everyone except the top 3 (maybe 4) candidates should get out of the race on Wednesday morning. Bush looked so pathetic dragging his 90 year old mother around on a walker in a snow storm!

TJC, adp told us who he thinks is going to win. Can you please let us know. I know you follow this stuff more closely than most.

He and Carly were a good attempt at fake GoP diversity. Thanks for your time, fellas. Let the southern gentlemen and the billionaire take it from here.

Rubio is now a southern gentleman, same for Ted Cruz? Interesting. Regardless, New Hampshire will be very interesting for Rubio. He had momentum and screwed up. If he can somehow eek out a 2nd place finish them it's no biggie. If he ends up in third not the end of the world. If he finished behind Trump, Cruz and either Kasich or Bush he's in deep trouble. Christie, Carson and Carly will be finished after tomorrow. If Rubio finishes 2nd, Kasick is done as well. Bush should get out if that happens and will be under great pressure to do so. However, he's still got some money so will likely go on. Rubio really screwed up. Could be just a momentary blip or a massive blunder. We'll see Tuesday.

He's more an election/campaign guy. This is where he's the best. I've heard him break races down before and he's amazing. He can go precinct by precinct in some places. He's awesome at that stuff as well as understanding the landscape. No one is Tim Russert period.

Chuck Todd is awful...He brings zero to the table with any political insight. A Sunday morning armchair political junkie knows as much as Todd does. As much as I have a distaste for all things Fox News and it is difficult for me to type this but Chris Wallace is the best Sunday morning talking head.

He and Carly were a good attempt at fake GoP diversity. Thanks for your time, fellas. Let the southern gentlemen and the billionaire take it from here.
Carson being led down the same path as Cain before him...GOP really showing respect to black voters.

Chuck Todd is awful...He brings zero to the table with any political insight. A Sunday morning armchair political junkie knows as much as Todd does. As much as I have a distaste for all things Fox News and it is difficult for me to type this but Chris Wallace is the best Sunday morning talking head.
I just gave up on Sunday morning political shows....they are all brutal.I can't believe I am longing for the days of David Gregory. He wasn't very dynamic, but I thought he was at least a likable guy - had a good personality. Chuck Todd has about as much personality as my left nut. Talk about a big hate the face kind of guy, I would pay $20 to punch him.

I forgot this debate was on, didn't see any of it live or on a replay, and I'm guessing many others had stuff going on Saturday night and didn't see it, and weren't inclined to even bother catching up with Super Bowl Sunday following. Very sorry to hear it was a bed crapping for Rubio, but if he was going to drop the ball in a debate, this probably was a decent time to do it. Go get 'em next time.

With TIm Russert gone all the Sunday shows blow. I don't watch any of them.

So he wants to transition to another form of taxation not eliminate all together is how I read it.

So he wants to transition to another form of taxation not eliminate all together is how I read it.

Nope. Read the line just below the taxation chart on my link:

"....eliminates harmful double-taxation of saving and investment income."

I don't read it that way. He's saying everything moves to the 25% corporate rate and you eliminate nearly all deductions. It's simplifying across the board. I would support this approach. I think you're reading it wrong. He's going after carried interest as well. However, it's certainly needs explanation.

• Taxes all business income once (at the entity level) and eliminates harmful double-taxation of saving and investment income.

I don't read it that way. He's saying everything moves to the 25% corporate rate and you eliminate nearly all deductions. It's simplifying across the board. I would support this approach. I think you're reading it wrong. He's going after carried interest as well. However, it's certainly needs explanation.

• Taxes all business income once (at the entity level) and eliminates harmful double-taxation of saving and investment income.

"Sen. Marco Rubio, in one of the more striking tax proposals of the presidential campaign, wants to eliminate the capital gains levy for investors."

--Wall Street Journal

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-candidate-marco-rubios-tax-plan-has-one-big-catch-1448324021

Ah yes, the ol' double taxation... The gubbamint is takin' my hard earned money and taxing me when I earn MORE money on it! I should just be able to call savesies on it.

You clearly have no concept of what double taxation means as applied to dividend income. Go back to the Sanders rally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT