ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Mariota, how far will he fall?

So, this writer is basically mocking NFL scouts for over-thinking it? Along with showing how none of them can think for themselves and once one person drops a player, they they all fall in line. Good stuff.

I'm indifferent to the phila eagles football franchise. I do however, enjoy the unfounded optimism and then the disappointment, misery and rage of the Eagles fan as each season falls apart. I am looking forward to The Chipster mortgaging his eagles employment and another 5 years of misery to acquire Mariota.

Originally posted by Nipsy Hussl:
I'm indifferent to the phila eagles football franchise. I do however, enjoy the unfounded optimism and then the disappointment, misery and rage of the Eagles fan as each season falls apart. I am looking forward to The Chipster mortgaging his eagles employment and another 5 years of misery to acquire Mariota.
Nipsy.......I love it......couldn't have said it any better........Now, I love football, the ultimate team sport. But, once the better players get beyond the collegiate level, their attitudes and egos change....guess that's the cash in action. But, like many, I'm tuned in every Sunday, but, not really rooting for any particular team. I do like to watch some of the kids I followed in college. And, I do get a kick out of the Eagle fans, and in kind of a sarcastic way, enjoy their misery when they lose and don't make the playoffs. Guess I'm a little morbid...

You have it wrong on football.

NFL >> NCAA football

NCAA basketball >> NBA basketball.

Originally posted by LGBlue:
You have it wrong on football.

NCAA basketball >> NBA basketball.
Silly......It's not even close. In the last 5 years CBB has gotten progressively worse, while the NBA has never been better.

Yes every NBA team would beat every NCAA team but that's not the point.

Watched Villanova-Georgetown, with switching over to KU-OK State and then watching the end of that, then watched a lot of Arizona-ASU, and caught some UK-Gators. Amazing day of college hoops. Good stuff. Two court storms (you can debate whether they are warranted, but they are evidence of the passion).

No way I would ever watch that much regular season NBA.

Originally posted by LGBlue:
Yes every NBA team would beat every NCAA team but that's not the point.

Watched Villanova-Georgetown, with switching over to KU-OK State and then watching the end of that, then watched a lot of Arizona-ASU, and caught some UK-Gators. Amazing day of college hoops. Good stuff. Two court storms (you can debate whether they are warranted, but they are evidence of the passion).

No way I would ever watch that much regular season NBA.
1. We all know all NBA teams would crush the best college teams, but that's not what I mean.

2. Hey, I was at the Nova/GTown game. Watched Zona/ASU afterwards at the bar. And watched the entire 2nd half of the KENT/FLA game. I with you here. No one is saying that it's not enjoyable. It most certainly is.

3. That doesn't prove your point.

The quality of play is better in the NBA. That's my point. The talent in the NBA has never been better. There are some really good college players, but overall the quality of play is far below what it used to be.

Some of you are only CBB fans and will dispute this pretty much out of ignorance because you spend little time watching the pro game. I watch both, a lot of both, and the quality of play in the NBA today is CLEARLY better than the college game.

College bball quality is at an all time low. Only way to fix it at this point would be to institute a must play 2 years deal like they do with college football. If that were to happen the quality of play and players would go way up but that's never going to happen. If anything it's more likely they do away with must play 1 yr and let them go straight to pros again.

He's going to rebound once teams figure out the herd is a dangerous thing to base picks on. 6 at latest.

love college bb. Used to like the NBA but find it intolerable to watch now - it's horrible.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
So, this writer is basically mocking NFL scouts for over-thinking it? Along with showing how none of them can think for themselves and once one person drops a player, they they all fall in line. Good stuff.
Really? Tell this guy

Draft-Day-Kevin-Costner-war-room.jpg

Originally posted by nardibynature123:
Why is he falling? Is there any specific reason other than him being a "system qb"?
Not sure he's falling. Just because some CFB analyst called him great doesn't mean NFL people were going to think the same thing when real evaluating time got down to business.

Fox's guy just updated his board. He has Mariotta at #2 and top QB on board. So, is this to be considered gospel like Todd McShay's he's dropping piece?

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Fox's guy just updated his board. He has Mariotta at #2 and top QB on board.
He's nowhere near alone on this. Half dozen or so mock drafts have him no later than #2.

Falling, my asshole. He's a f*cking quarterback in a league littered with teams who dont have one.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Falling, my asshole. He's a f*cking quarterback in a league littered with teams who dont have one.
I dont think you get it. He played only decently in one game last year where his two best receivers were missing and his team gave up 45 points. Kid's a bust obviously, because he runs sometimes too.

the QBs in this draft after the first 2 are not that impressive at all. which makes it all the more likely that the top 2 go early.

I expect Winston to go 1. Lovie is a traditional guy and im sure he favors Jameis as he's a traditional passer and pro ready.

Can't seriously see how Tennessee would think rolling with Mettenberger over Mariota is a good idea but they are the Titans after all. Take Mariota and get an OC in there to run the zone read. Don't try to pound the square peg into a round hole and make him a pocket passer. Would be pointless to use a pick that high and not run an offense that best suits the QBs unique skill set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT