ADVERTISEMENT

Meatloaf Remembered ?

Looked gr8 in his prime...

53efd5440636aba7d5916e15b9b9fb28.jpg

Reactions: cleanwave
Roy Bittian, Max Wienberg (E - Street Band drummer, not Co - Counsel in "A Few Good Men"), Edgar Winter, Todd Ruungren, Ellen Foley (Night Court ) Rory Dodd (best known as the other voice on Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart, another Jim Steinman song) The New York Philharmonic and Phil Rizzuto can all be found on Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell.

Meatloaf was taken from the name of his first band, Meat Loaf Soul, which was a band named after Meatloaf's (born Marvin Lee Aday) mom's regular Tuesday night dinner.

Meatloaf had a few classic appearances on SNL, and the cover art for Bat Out of Hell was memorable. I thought it was Karla DeVito as the female voice on Bat?

Meatloaf had a few classic appearances on SNL, and the cover art for Bat Out of Hell was memorable. I thought it was Karla DeVito as the female voice on Bat?

She was indeed seen in the video, but it was not her in the studio.

Next level knowledge. Much appreciated. Karla had a minor hit herself (which I'm too lazy to look up) after getting some notoriety with the video.

Roy Bittian, Max Wienberg (E - Street Band drummer, not Co - Counsel in "A Few Good Men"), Edgar Winter, Todd Ruungren, Ellen Foley (Night Court ) Rory Dodd (best known as the other voice on Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart, another Jim Steinman song) The New York Philharmonic and Phil Rizzuto can all be found on Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell.

Meatloaf was taken from the name of his first band, Meat Loaf Soul, which was a band named after Meatloaf's (born Marvin Lee Aday) mom's regular Tuesday night dinner.
whitecat-like

Reactions: jvm3
I'm not much of a Meatloaf fan, but I did have use for him on the 1's-and-2's one time. When smarty Jones was going for the Triple Crown we had a Smarty Party at Keenan's. Great day! When Smarty was edged at the line I came in with a little --- Two Out of Three Ain't Bad. That's the extent of Meatloaf for me.

I'm not much of a Meatloaf fan, but I did have use for him on the 1's-and-2's one time. When smarty Jones was going for the Triple Crown we had a Smarty Party at Keenan's. Great day! When Smarty was edged at the line I came in with a little --- Two Out of Three Ain't Bad. That's the extent of Meatloaf for me.
Jesus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT