ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Greenberg's New Internet Location

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
For those of you who care and are not already aware, Mel Greenberg (the "Guru" of womens basketball, and Women's Hall of Fame member as media) has joined forces with PhilaHoopsW and his local games stories (and later, I am sure his WNBA coverage) are now appearing over there.

The PhilaHoopsW site is much more organized and more pleasing in design, and Mel's first few game stories over there have a more "newspaper sports" feel to them than his blog, which sometimes was not much more than the ideas flowing from his vast knowledge of people involved in womens basketball. Photos sometimes included with the stories also.

Mel has been out to at least 3 Nova games already this year, which I think may have equaled the number of times we saw him last year. Bodes well for continuing media coverage of the Wildcats, if only in internet land.

The attached link gets you directly to the site and the story on yesterday's game.
This post was edited on 12/18 7:27 PM by tpenter

Greenberg - Nova St. Joes Story

What a great writeup with such frank imput from players and coaches from both teams. I want to find his writeup on our Princeton game.

Bill - I did put a link to Mel Greenberg's story on the Princeton game out there in my game writeup ("Cats win 7th Straight ..."). No matter how you get to the site, if you click on the big PHILLYHOOPSW banner it takes you to the womens BB home page and a chronological summary of the recent stories out there (Mostly Mel's). He currently has a story out there about his thoughts of Villanova's women's team in the proposed new Big East (or whatever it will be called) basketball conference.

Mel is always good for getting quotes out of some of the players and especially Harry, sometimes too frank, I think. He had some Perretta comments about Sweeney earlier that probably should have been a locker room or practice comment but not out in the media. I have no access to the media room after games, so you will get no on the record quotes from me and I would never use an off the record comment from a player or coach unless they knew I was going to use it.
This post was edited on 12/15 6:43 PM by tpenter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT