ADVERTISEMENT

Mets NLCS Champs!!!!!

MillerSibs

Diaper Dandy
Oct 3, 2015
we did it baby!!!!!!!

Who's more butt hurt tonight? Phillies or Yankees fans?

Suck it!

The mets will not be able to let murph get away now........he just became a legendary met with this post season play........the worst part is the 6 day layoff for him.........hope the fire stays burning.....

Lifelong Yankees fan w/ plenty of Mets friends.

Very Happy for Mets

Why be bitter??

Only Mets fans are bitter. Yankee fans for the most part are happy to see the Mets succeed as long as it is not at the Yankees expense. Similar scenario fir Giants/Jets.

My Yankee fan friends all say the same thing when referring to the Mets. "They're a nice little team."

I'm a Yankees fan and have routinely rooted for the Mets to fail for my entire life. But for some reason, I find myself rooting for this team. They are mostly likable, young guys that play their hearts out. For some reason they don't grate on me like the Jose Reyes/Kaz Matsui/Lastings Milledge teams did.

Agree that this is a very likable Mets team. And kudos to Harvey for putting it all out there regardless of the chance his agent gave him to act like a pu$$y. Congrats to the Mets.

There was a good article in the NYT yesterday about Yankees fans rooting for the Mets. It suggested that some of them did it in a sort of paternalistic way.

Mets are better & more exciting to watch than Yanks this year. Cap Tip'

How are the phillies fans taking their success?

As a Phils fan, no problem with it at all. They have a legitimate fan base (always love how they would have real enthusiasm about Memorial Day championships), and I actually felt sorry for them after what happened in 2007-2008 and their lean years after that with ownership's problems. In interactions with Mets fans over the years, night and day vs. Yankees fans, who are generally insufferable d-bags.

And nice to see a team from the NL East not immediately crap the bed in the playoffs as has been the norm since the Phillies declined. Now going forward when playing the division's current standard bearer, you know you're measuring yourself against the best, instead of just the tallest midget like whoever came out of the East was for the last few years. Instead of talking about how great they are, they just went out and proved it. The way it should be.

Burrs, arak, gdog, rooting for Mets? Are they lovable underdogs?

It won't bother me all that much if they win, but I'm not pulling for them. I rather see the Royals/Jays win for the simple reason that greasy DBers make up their fan base. The players don't bother me and their pitching staff is very good.

I'll say it again, but Murphy has been their whipping boy for a half of decade and now he's their MVP in the playoffs. I hope they show some appreciation.

Pitching invariably rules!!....Congrats to Mutts and rabid fan-base

Apples and Oranges--

First off,Atlanta, starters were better than good,but not as Dominant as Current Mutts staff due to the fact,somewhat, thet current NL LEAST was 60-something games under .500;Back in 90's NL EAST was dominant..

One more thing--GO F...urself!!!!

The late 90s NL east was dominant????? Who? The mets? Phillies? Expos? Are you ****ing serious or just on drugs? The braves routinely won that division by at least 8 games every year.

And those 4 HoFs aren't as dominant as current Mets???? Holy shit. Call me when you get a clue you crazy degenerate. Or we can fight at 5th and Washington and I'll lay you out like that other clown who got put to sleep there.

I can't think of a division in baseball that was as consistently bad as the NL East from after the strike year until the Phillies started to become respectable in the early '00s. For about that 8- or 9-year stretch, the Braves were literally the only team with a pulse.

Phillies -- stunk every year
Mets--stunk every year
Expos--stunk every year as they sold off their "best record in baseball" championship team after strike year

The division they were in would not have mattered for any of those teams.

Mets this year at least overcame the Paper Champions with one-time NLDS Game 4 winning pedigree.

When Mets win series, Nats may be more butt hurt than Philthy phans. Adp will have the kids doing reverse laps around the living room in anger.

I have no hate for the mets. Like how they have built their team. Cap tip to the mets.

Being a Phillies fan right now is almost like being a Sixers fan. So far from contention that it's hard to hate or really get upset at what other teams are doing, especially if they're doing it the right way and are enjoyable to watch. Our own team provides little in the way of entertainment value.

Lowry,Phils won division n twice and went to World series in 93 or 94

Hump......Repeat ....what part of 60 plus games under don't you comprehend??

Far and away the worst record since MLB went to three divs. per l;eague..

Best team doesn't always win e.g. Toronto;Hottest team does plenty of times--Mets won primarily because Washington was biggest letdown since...your birth

BTW you're an extreme hand job aka J O

Best team doesn't always win e.g. Toronto;Hottest team does plenty of times--Mets won primarily because Washington was biggest letdown since...your birth

Take a couple valium and get back to the crack and you'll be all right. Phils' did win division and the penant in '93. Otherwise did not win a division between '83 and '07. Your post didn't get better from there as I can't understand any of it.

I would love to beat the shit out of you. Where can I find you?

it__s_hammer_time_by_hellarmy.png

Royals pitcher Edinson Volquez's father apparently passed away today and he apparently does not know about it yet.

he is pitching right now in game 1 of the World Series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT