ADVERTISEMENT

Mismatch Robertson 37, URI 0 at half

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
This series should end. VU now leads all time 17-3. Today at half, Robby 13-16 189 yds 4 TDs. Poppy 6 recps, 2 TD 109 yards. Cats should be playing UNH not URI.

If starters stayed in score would end about 70-0. The second team should score around 2 TDs in second half.

I am getting bored watching it but it gives our younger guys a chance to play. Work the rust of nerves off

PCH, Rhode Island is in the CAA. They don't have a choise whether to play them or not.

Honestly, it's ok by me to eat a CAA cupcake sometimes ... we did play a ranked (overrated?) Fordham team & next weekend's game at William & Mary will be possibly VU's toughest road game here on out. Cupcake games like URI give the starters a rest, banged up players another week to heal, & Talley & staff a chance to analyze whom else can help the'Cats as the season progresses ... Who is manning Pettway's position as he'll be out 5-7 weeks.

Word a couple of years ago was that URI was going to drop down to PAT Conf. Since they can't or won't compete in CAA this should have happened.

Cats only have two plausible competitive games left, W&M and Richmond. Take W&M off the list. Just noticed UNH put the hammer to them 32-3. Cats should meet up with New Hampshire in National Semis. Cats should pay the price for the additional home games. After all you save on travel. It worked in 2009.

Playing patsys doesn't get you ready for playoffs. Every time the second team comes in it looks like the 2011 team has returned.

This post was edited on 10/12 1:26 PM by PCH

PCH - URI took the first step to drop down. That was to reduce scholarships. Started back up when they decided to remain in CAA. Still have not reached the FCS level of 63. They will. Seems URI now wants be a competitiveve FCS team. Fired their head coach after last season. Hired a guy with lots of BCS assistant experience.

I think URI did leave the CAA for a year or two. Truthfully, after ODU, UMass, and Ga State left for FBS, the CAA had to get URI back to fill in conf slots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT