ADVERTISEMENT

Monangai signs with Eagles

Gangtackle11

'Nova Nation Sensation
Jul 14, 2012

• its_kevsworld_2if someone were to say my path to the NFL has been unorthodox, i think that'd be a pretty big understatement but God truly is good.. all praise and glory to The Most High for putting me in a position to have officially been offered an NFL contract by the Philadelphia Eagles.. time to show out like never before come time for training camp, the work has just begun.. #iFeelBlessed#StayReady ✌️

Another good kid dismissed by all of the Villanova bozo's who know everything.

• its_kevsworld_2if someone were to say my path to the NFL has been unorthodox, i think that'd be a pretty big understatement but God truly is good.. all praise and glory to The Most High for putting me in a position to have officially been offered an NFL contract by the Philadelphia Eagles.. time to show out like never before come time for training camp, the work has just begun.. #iFeelBlessed#StayReady ✌️
Gangtackle - Thanks for posting this good news and so promptly.
Ellior - I agree that he is a good kid. Seton Hall Prep grad.
Cats this season will miss a tough RB like Kevin, as well as a couple of great O lineman.
Good luck to Kevin and Vince Kowalski next month.

didn't know that God is now an agent
I guess their is no way to avoid the pseudo comedians posting on this board.
In any event, yesterday I forgot to mention the third Wildcat with a current NFL contract .
TE Earnest Pettewy signed with the KC Chiefs. Good luck to all three Wildcats next month.

pseudo comedians posting on this board.
Like "the move ip to FBS is done - insiders tell me it's a given - guaranteed".

KM carried 7 times for 18 yds today in Eagles first preseason game. Going to be tough to make the team. Eagles have three good NFL RBs

KM carried 7 times for 18 yds today in Eagles first preseason game. Going to be tough to make the team. Eagles have three good NFL RBs

The Eagles 3rd string RB is a kid Bahner from Oregon who ran a punt 92 yards for a TD today and ran the ball decently. Will be tough to make team, but, you never know with injuries, etc. what could happen.

He's really fast, and really strong. I know he had some carriers yesterday, but did he play on special teams??

He's playing for other teams as well if the Eagles don't find room. Some team may need a RB. Good for him!!

Kevin Monangai looked very good last night. I hope he is able to stick with the Eagles in some capacity.

From the box score, Monangai got some reps at RB, gaining a team leading 28 yards on 5 carries v. Green Bay. I know he was in during Tebow time, so the stats might be a bit misleading as Eagles killed clock to end game. Still, he's definitely no worse than third RB on the depth chart, and his performance to date strongly suggests Birds would be wise to keep Kevin on the squad going forward. The final preseason game is all important for rookie free agents trying to make an NFL roster, so I would advise Kevin to keep playing with the intensity he has shown the past two games.

From the box score, Monangai got some reps at RB, gaining a team leading 28 yards on 5 carries v. Green Bay. I know he was in during Tebow time, so the stats might be a bit misleading as Eagles killed clock to end game. Still, he's definitely no worse than third RB on the depth chart, and his performance to date strongly suggests Birds would be wise to keep Kevin on the squad going forward. The final preseason game is all important for rookie free agents trying to make an NFL roster, so I would advise Kevin to keep playing with the intensity he has shown the past two games.[/QUOTE Bad news for Kevin, RB and DL are where the Eagles are loaded. With Murray, Matthews, and Sproles, plus the rookie Bayner from Oregon who has already run 2 punts back for TD's this preseason, the numbers are against him. But with Kelly giving him some playing time, maybe he will get picked up by a team not so deep at RB.

Monangai is having having a nice pre-season.....but, he won't be on the active roster. Have to think there is a team or two that could use a third RB. it would help if he could play Special Teams.....haven't noticed if he has been covering kicks. Also, Eagles could add him to the practice squad.

Eagles cut 12 players Sunday to get to the mandatory 78 but Monangai is still on the team!! Next cut will be Tuesday at 4pm

Reactions: UncleEd
Eagles waived Kevin Monongai today to get to the mandatory 75 stating he was 6th on the depth chart. It was tough competition but feel he did a great job. Hoping his performance lands him another try elsewhere.

Eagles waived Kevin Monongai today to get to the mandatory 75 stating he was 6th on the depth chart. It was tough competition but feel he did a great job. Hoping his performance lands him another try elsewhere.
Kowalski was released by Packers today, as well as KM by Eagles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT