ADVERTISEMENT

Most CoP thing ever?

DunkinTennisBalls

Diaper Dandy
Nov 15, 2015
suspects wanted for drawing a swastika on car near Temple. Suspects wearing an Eagles and Phillies jersey. Can't script this shit.

http://6abc.com/news/temple-seeks-p...al-slur-symbol-found-written-on-car-/1190021/

temple-police-photos-b9de88b2c0275e9e.png

The guy's last name is probably Kendricks. No way they find him.

What are people's opinions about sports jerseys depicting players' who no longer play for the team anymore or who have retired (besides the fact that you are wearing another man's name on your back)?

I always feel it's the height of idiocy when I go to MSG and see so many people wearing CALLAHAN #24. He has played for another team for two years - a team that can be considered a rival of his old team. If you are too poor to be replacing jerseys beacuse players change teams or retire so often, uhhh, stop buying jerseys.

This guy up in the picture is wearing a Roy Halladay jersey. I mean, what a f*cking tool. The first thing you want to say to him is "nice Halladay jersey brah!."

And don't get me wrong - I love retro jerseys, being ironic about a player who was on a team in an interesting way, and HOFers who are legends are usually good ones. People who have put a little thought into why a certain jersey would be cool is great to see.

I myself have 1971 Joe Torre Cardinals "away" jersey that I only wear to Yankee stadium. Some young people have asked me "who's that" and I have to just resist rolling my eyes, but even fewer people know that Torre won the MVP in 1971.

But just retreading an old jersey because that's all you have is weak - so weak.

What are people's opinions about sports jerseys depicting players' who no longer play for the team anymore or who have retired (besides the fact that you are wearing another man's name on your back)?

I always feel it's the height of idiocy when I go to MSG and see so many people wearing CALLAHAN #24. He has played for another team for two years - a team that can be considered a rival of his old team. If you are too poor to be replacing jerseys beacuse players change teams or retire so often, uhhh, stop buying jerseys.

This guy up in the picture is wearing a Roy Halladay jersey. I mean, what a f*cking tool. The first thing you want to say to him is "nice Halladay jersey brah!."

And don't get me wrong - I love retro jerseys, being ironic about a player who was on a team in an interesting way, and HOFers who are legends are usually good ones. People who have put a little thought into why a certain jersey would be cool is great to see.

I myself have 1971 Joe Torre Cardinals "away" jersey that I only wear to Yankee stadium. Some young people have asked me "who's that" and I have to just resist rolling my eyes, but even fewer people know that Torre won the MVP in 1971.

But just retreading an old jersey because that's all you have is weak - so weak.

No one cares. Don't make decisions about what you're wearing to the game about what some random stranger might potentially think about you. You're not some wise man because you only buy $200 throwbacks 30 years after a player retires. You're not an idiot because you purchased a Dom Brown jersey and he didn't pan out. Buy what you like or not at all (if you worry about ANOTHER MAN'S NAME on your back). The hell with what some Fishtowner who spends his sandwich artist wages on the latest Adam Morgan labor day alternate thinks.

Though I've NEVER worn another man's name on my back in my entire adult life, I don't get your point even a little. Is the practice of continuing to buy updated jerseys somehow cooler than just having one jersey of a guy that happened to retire, get traded, etc. I guess I just don't follow the logic that the adult male that keeps buying new jerseys is any less of a "f*cking tool".

I also don't understand your point that if a "guy is too poor to be replacing jerseys because players change teams, then he should stop buying jerseys". Ummm, isn't that exactly what he did (stopped buying jerseys)???

Not your finest day, son.

Reactions: NickleDimer
My kids still rock their Polamalu and Maclin jersey's. Notice I said kids.

I saw adults wearing Rick Vaughn and Pedro Cerrano jerseys at a Cleveland Indians game. It isn't just a man's name on your back; its a fictional man's name on your back.

No, there isn't a new Birds jersey wOrth owning. They have Bell and Brown as well as Polamalu.

The people who wear jerseys to watch football games are the same guys who make fun of people dressing up like Darth Vadar to watch Star Wars.

They are the same thing in my opinion

You're not an idiot because you purchased a Dom Brown jersey and he didn't pan out

This is what I am talking about. If you are wearing a Dom Brown jersey in 2016 then *YES* you do look like an idiot - the guy has a .246 career batting average.

Is it a pitiful attempt to "fit in" at the ballpark? Are you "supporting the team" by announcing to everyone, "I like Dom Brown, even though he sucks"? What is it going to do for collective fan morale if you are promoting a player who would actually hurt the team's chances of winning?

If you are a "fan" of a particular sport, and you take the time to select gamewear in the form of a team jersey to attend a game live, I would think, ostensibly, you are trying to showcase the fact that you are somewhat knowledgeable about the team at hand - i.e. "fanatic."

And donning a traded player's jersey to me says that you don't even know the current team roster, or much else about the game for that matter...

This is what I am talking about. If you are wearing a Dom Brown jersey in 2016 then *YES* you do look like an idiot - the guy has a .246 career batting average.

Is it a pitiful attempt to "fit in" at the ballpark? Are you "supporting the team" by announcing to everyone, "I like Dom Brown, even though he sucks"? What is it going to do for collective fan morale if you are promoting a player who would actually hurt the team's chances of winning?

If you are a "fan" of a particular sport, and you take the time to select gamewear in the form of a team jersey to attend a game live, I would think, ostensibly, you are trying to showcase the fact that you are somewhat knowledgeable about the team at hand - i.e. "fanatic."

And donning a traded player's jersey to me says that you don't even know the current team roster, or much else about the game for that matter...

what's wrong with someone wearing a jersey based more on team than player? i feel like that's BETTER than the hero worship & idolatry that goes with the dudes that have to have the current star's jersey, continually refreshed for new unis, roster, etc.

maybe instead of saying "i like Dom Brown even though he sucks" the wearer is really saying "I like the phils, and this happens to be the jersey i bought to represent that fandom." I find some shred of honor in that second statement.

im not a jersey guy, at all, but i think i have more respect for guys rocking obscure, old or traded/retired/no longer active guys' names on their back than the newest, shiniest toy that your team has signed. at least that way it's primarily about the team, and the player's name is just a detail. also saves you the TO jersey burning situation...

lastly, you are falsely equating the term fanatic to some level of knowledge, and that is easily the worst part of your post (saying something)

Old player.. newer player... throwback.. rookie... legend... bench player.. traded player... current player... doesn't matter. A grown man wearing another man's name on his back is dopey. Knock it off now.

@adp - Please confiscate your kids jerseys when they hit puberty

Old player.. newer player... throwback.. rookie... legend... bench player.. traded player... current player... doesn't matter. A grown man wearing another man's name on his back is dopey. Knock it off now.

@adp - Please confiscate your kids jerseys when they hit puberty
What if it's a jersey without a name- Yankees or Red Sox or any college team? Is the dopey-ness from the name or wearing what is essentially a costume?

No name is perfectly fine.

Just keep another man's name off your back. And don't put your name on it either. So damn dopey.

Well for $200 for the name-less, neither are acceptable.

Also, the first one isn't even a replica jersey; considering Yankees' jerseys don't have names on their backs.

I understand why they sell it though. So all the dopes who feel the perversion to wear another man's name on their back have something to buy.

Also, the first one isn't even a replica jersey; considering Yankees' jerseys don't have names on their backs.
From mlb:
Yankees/Sox with name on the back: "Custom Cool Base Replica Jersey", used to just be replica jerseys before they changed the material and doubled the price.
No name: "Authentic Jersey"

I loved this description:
"Show off your unwavering team loyalty when you show up to the ballpark wearing this awesome Derek Jeter New York Yankees Authentic Jersey from Majestic. Featuring vibrant colors and graphics, this jersey will help you stand out in a sea of New York Yankees fans."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT