ADVERTISEMENT

Nattitude

Long, long season. Looks a lot like 2013 down there so far though. Team is plenty capable to win the division.

The only explanation I can come up with for the lack of heart this team has been showing lately is that they're trying to get Williams fired, and know that the division is terrible enough that they can do this and still win it going away. They're better than this. They may not have started out the year playing poorly with this in mind, but the idea seems to have taken hold.

It's a gutless move but not really that surprising for a team that hasn't really owned up to past failures to meet expectations. Different guys are probably accomplishing it in different ways. Werth, for instance, is doing it by delaying his return to steroids perhaps longer than usual. He will be on cycle when it counts. Long season.

They are simply tee'ing me up for "here comes the run". We've seen the regular season is meaningless. We're simply finding ourselves before winning 88 games and then a world series. Regular season success if for suckers and Nova fans.

The Nats are taking ineptitude to new levels. 9-1 Braves in the bottom 2nd. Just put the kids down and turned game on to see Braves score 5 straight unearned on a 2 out error by the pitcher. Dumpster fire.

They are simply tee'ing me up for "here comes the run". We've seen the regular season is meaningless. We're simply finding ourselves before winning 88 games and then a world series. Regular season success if for suckers and Nova fans.
Don't underestimate the impact of having a slow start on the probability of winning the division or even a wild card. They are digging themselves a gigantic hole. Obviously it's early but they are going to need to catch fire in a hurry before this thing gets completely away from them.

Keith Law torching Matt Williams. Says he's their #1 problem and #2 isn't that close.

There is no way the players like playing for Williams. They need to decide if they can live with him for a whole year or more or need to mutiny now. Rizzo's genius obviously does not extend to managerial hiring. Or, maybe more likely, no decent manager wants to work with Rizzo b/c he's an a$$hole.

And adp98 is obviously not superstitious. I believe "here comes the run" was born of the last Nats regular season that was an ongoing failure with World Series aspirations, resulting in a playoff miss. As compared to the ones thet crash and burn in the 1st round of the playoffs.

And adp98 is obviously not superstitious. I believe "here comes the run" was born of the last Nats regular season that was an ongoing failure with World Series
aspirations, resulting in a playoff miss. As compared to the ones thet crash and burn in the 1st round of the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I'm managing expectations. The Nats have won nothing in their entire history. Let's win something before we crown them.

Reactions: Novacatt94
Mets will win the division. Book it.

This has all the makings of another NY Mets Memorial Day championship by the way. Only a month to go!

I remember when the Phillies had a solid club, but had to come to grips with Mets fans taking those titles and popping bottles over their team's success in 2008, 2009, 2011 and maybe another year in there.

Great gdogging in this thread. Since that huge comeback 2 nights ago, Nats on a roll.

Congrats, adp. Run has arrived. Get the kids sneakers on.

Looking forward to seeing Harvey and Mad Max. Nice way to start the series.
Great gdogging in this thread. Since that huge comeback 2 nights ago, Nats on a roll.

Congrats, adp. Run has arrived. Get the kids sneakers on.

This has all the makings of another NY Mets Memorial Day championship by the way. Only a month to go!

I remember when the Phillies had a solid club, but had to come to grips with Mets fans taking those titles and popping bottles over their team's success in 2008, 2009, 2011 and maybe another year in there.

CoP bitterness meters are running high already. 2008 yes, but they did lead the last week of the season before choking for the 2nd straight year, albeit not as badly as 2007. Nothing of note from 2009-2014. Bottle popping in this era was reserved for career ending no hitters, batting championship bunts and fluke Cy Young awards.

Looking forward to seeing Harvey and Mad Max. Nice way to start the series.

Worried about this series. Need TDK to stop the bleeding. Looking like the stopgap at 3B is running out of steam, and although the rookie C is a great prospect and has looked good, the NYM need to get D. Wright and D'arnaud back, and hope that Parnell doesn't have a major setback, for long run. The great start puts them in play for the playoffs, which going into the season was the item that was scoffed at by others.

It's May 1st so who knows. However, entering it looked like it would be terrible. Anytime you have potentially the two worst teams in all of baseball residing in the same division it should make for lots of easy W's.

Beautiful night at the yard. 79, no humidity and Desmond hits a laser to tie the score 4-4 bottom 8, Escobar with his 5th hit of the night to go up 6-4. Roark strikes out Stanton to end it. Natitude is strong to quite strong.

Strasburg pulled after 3 innings. Adp, what's the thoughts from fans on this guy? Are they saying he's a bust? He's definitely nowhere near the hype and hasn't been right since his surgery. He's a decent #2 guy but even that's being kind.

tightness in his back. He wanted to keep going but they pulled him. He's a number 1. Guy was outstanding last season. I don't expect the Nats to resign him after next season. Soft mentally.

If Nats won't re-sign him, I wonder if Rizzo regrets not having him pitch that first playoff year. Maybe that was their best shot, before falling short of postseason expectations got in their heads a bit. Mentally soft for sure, was apparent Strasburg was more than willing to sit that run out with the shut down excuse firmly in place.

As far as this injury, I read Williams describing it as something behing the shoulder blade, and talking about a chiropractor. So maybe back is right, but with this guy, who knows--anything involving the wrod shoulder somewhat ominous for a pitcher.

How old was Mickey Mantle when he hit 3 in a game?

Harper is awesome, no doubt. That said, Mark Whiten hit four in a game once so I'm going to keep it in my pants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT