ADVERTISEMENT

New Nova AD to be Announced Today?

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
I have not heard this rumor
Mike Jenson posted this on his Twitter page.

I know it is a long shot, but I am going to laugh my butt off if this hire was made with the ACC in mind.

I know it is a long shot, but I am going to laugh my butt off if this hire was made with the ACC in mind.
Interesting hire, if indeed this is the guy.
If Jay has signed off on this guy ,that is good enough for me.
Can you say ACC ?

Interesting hire, if indeed this is the guy.
If Jay has signed off on this guy ,that is good enough for me.
Can you say ACC ?
Look for a home and home with USC starting in 2020. Sept. 2020 at the Coliseum and Sept. 2021 at the Linc..
Now before some of the jackasses on this board, you know who you are, start making comments, I am obviously joking..

Last edited:
Can you say ACC ?
No, I can't! Can you say "where is our home field"? Please not another rash of "guarantees" and "insiders tell me" BS.

From Press Release he looks like a solid choice. Looks like a professional AD in all respects and a man on the way up. Question is will Nova be along for the ride.

CarDashian, you do realize Villanova was prepared to move up in football? Like you do realize the University was preparing to make the move? If the ACC ever came calling, we would answer. Not going to say it will happen, but the Holy Cross mentality is not present here.

The age old question remains: "WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE APPROPRIATE HOMEFIELD???". Until there is a realistic answer, there cannot be a move up in class regardless of some dreamers' spouting about inside sources.

I was trolling the other board and noticed the usual anti-football posts (since deleted) concerning their insistence that VU select an anti-football AD. My sarcasm (since deleted) connotated my disagreement with that approach. I felt that since we already have a head hoops honcho (Jay), it would be wise for Fr. Peter to pick a football person to build on the foundation laid by Andy over the past 30 years. Voila! Another win for Fr. Peter. The man continues to amaze. Its early, I admit. Too early to predict outcomes. But the hire itself was sheer genius.

Continues to show a lack of vision and I hope this does not mean we will continue to neglect the other sports such as soccer, track and lacrosse at villanova.
Jay is smart. Why would he want some " basketball" AD sticking his nose in his business.

Jay can do this thing while Jackson tries, hopefully, to elevate other Villanova athletic programs.

I am concerned because right now our basketball program has an operating budget of around $6 mill per yr (despite $10+ mil in revenue). That puts us in the bottom half of our own conference, and outside if the top 25 nationally.

But if basketball is going to be used to,support other programs, I hope mr Jackson puts those rsources into sports like track and men's and womens soccer, where we could really develop a national brand and some school pride. Would be great to watch the 2019 women's workd cup and see a bunch of villanova's participating like several colleges had this past summer. Would love to see some mls stars from villanova.

I think everyone agrees that Vince was demoted because thInge need to change. But let's hope that change is focused on sports where we can compete nationally.

Who gives a flying fcuk about mls stars . You get more cred from one guy like BWest or Howie Long that a million mls " dudes".

Reactions: ericw and Delurey2
Cue the SC fight song: Fight on for Southern Cal.
We've got the AD we need.
Watch the fur fly.

Can we get QWE** off the board now before he starts another season-long troll-fest.

done. sorry - i have even tried emailing/texting him to simply stop posting on this football board as a simple courtesy to Villanova people - he continues to find ways to come back and continue to be an asshole - sorry about that.

Reactions: Delurey2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT