ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

novahoop

All VUSports.com Team
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2003
I hate to seem ill-informed but whom have we signed for next year.

hoop,

We have signed a girl (Wilkes?) who is supposedly the best
player in North Jersey. She might have played the point there
at 6' 0", but her numbers didn't indicate any three point shooting
strength. In addition we signed the girl from Episcopal Academy
in Philly who put up big numbers and appears very talented.
We lost a girl fom either Georgia or Florida who backed off after
serious injury. I have never seen any of them play. Sweeney's
numbers must be replaced by committee.

A junior from Utica ND was named the MOP of central NY; she
has started since about seventh grade, and I thought she would
be a player. I have seen her about five times, and each time I liked
her game less. She lists us, but I question her competitiveness.
It is the same school that produced Shelley Pennefather, but she isn't
Shelley. I know nothing of our redshirts from this year.

Haven't seen any of them play either. Girl from Episcopal, Megan Quinn, 6-2, is listed as a 4*, #11 at her position. Samantha Wilkes from Immaculate Heart from Fair Lawn was North Jersey POY, 6-0 point guard known for her quickness, distributing the ball and getting boards. Jordan Dillard from Decatur Ga wants to major in pre med and become a surgeon like her mother. She's described as a 6-0 wing 3*. All three had signed.
If one has withdrawn because of injury from Ga or Fla It's likely Jordan Dilliard.

Uncle Bill57.

Sometime in the last month ccoyer posted about
offensive rebounding next year. I posted years ago
that I thought Harry would rather get back on D then
go to the offensive glass.

It is simple math; we hit the boards on offense hard
and get three goals on the offensive glass; yet the opponent
scores 22 points on run outs. In that exaggeration, it doesn't
any sense to go to the glass.

The same is true about pressing on D at men's games.
We don't get what we want out of the pressure, but our opponents
are scoring against it. Stop pressing

Whitecat, you make valid points all of which I've considered yet none of them are concrete. Harry hates to give up the three also and our women are pretty good at that. Our men on the other hand seem to be more interested in stopping layups and opponents set up shooters on the wing to shoot threes when our wing Ds cheat too much. We seemed to be better at times this year in guarding the three.

Our guys do give up points when pressing but also get points when we get steals off the press. I'm concerned when we trim down our players to around 8 yet still use the press. I see the most successful pressing teams as playing around 10 players so that their press stays intense with fresh bodies always available.

I think Coyer is spot on about Harry's team being faster next year. We should have an interesting albeit younger team next year. It'll be interesting to see that new team. Emily Leer really improved over her frosh year. It'll be interesting to see her next year. Both Coyer girls got positive PT as frosh and played really well which is unusual for Harry's frosh. Holeman improved too. Hopefully Buford will regain her frosh health and form. It should be another fun team. It'll be interesting to see which players fill out our squad for next year.

I wonder where the women will play next year's BE tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT