ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Offseason

bmoneynova

VUSports.com Legend
Oct 21, 2005
Free agency begins Friday at noon. Lot of rumors swirling about trades, signings, etc.

Jackets just signed Seth Jones to an extension...6 years, $5.4 AAV. Great deal for them.

now Shea Weber for PK Subban...what the hell is going on!?

I realize I am talking to myself in here, by the way

I wish I had a better understanding about why the NHL seems so much more likely to trade for the sake of trading

So, the Habs traded for Weber and his years from age 31-40 and gave up PK and his years from 27-31? Do I have that correct? Why? Can someone explain?

Stamkos staying in Tampa too....8 years, $8.5 million AAV

Actually thought TO might have a chance with him, Kind of a bargain for TB - people were talking 10M and he's best goal scorer in the league with Ovechkin

Actually thought TO might have a chance with him, Kind of a bargain for TB - people were talking 10M and he's best goal scorer in the league with Ovechkin

keep in mind there is no income tax in Florida, so that $8.5 million is probably equivalent to 10 in other places

To think the Flyers were an unmatched offer sheet away from getting Suban.

Anyway - two pretty horrible trades for Canadian teams, and the Leafs lose out on their target. Let the summer begin.

(great swap by NJ btw B$. No brainer. I don't dislike Larsson but Hall is IMHO one of the most underrated players in hockey.)

The constant roster turnover is a big reason I can't get into hockey like the other sports. Just seems like these MFs are recycled around the league like crazy with the exception of the very elite.

To think the Flyers were an unmatched offer sheet away from getting Suban.

Anyway - two pretty horrible trades for Canadian teams, and the Leafs lose out on their target. Let the summer begin.

(great swap by NJ btw B$. No brainer. I don't dislike Larsson but Hall is IMHO one of the most underrated players in hockey.)

I agree.

Larsson had turned into one of my favorite players...it sucks to see him gone and it leaves a hole in our D corps.

But Hall is awesome. I am pretty excited to watch him with his old Junior teammate Henrique

I agree.

Larsson had turned into one of my favorite players...it sucks to see him gone and it leaves a hole in our D corps.

But Hall is awesome. I am pretty excited to watch him with his old Junior teammate Henrique

He does, but - and feel free to disagree - he looks like a 3-4 D to me. There is nothing wrong with that - they are important to have - but Hall is a top line W on any team in this league. They are hard to get, and Edm did not get equal return. They need Larsson - he actually should fit with that team really well, but he's not the player Hall is. Figuring Larsson could have been had for Nugent Hopkins. Maybe not though..

He does, but - and feel free to disagree - he looks like a 3-4 D to me. There is nothing wrong with that - they are important to have - but Hall is a top line W on any team in this league. They are hard to get, and Edm did not get equal return. They need Larsson - he actually should fit with that team really well, but he's not the player Hall is. Figuring Larsson could have been had for Nugent Hopkins. Maybe not though..

nah, hes more than that. He is a top pairing shutdown DMan and he is only 23 years old

he won't ever put up 50 points like a Doughty, but he has untapped offensive potential. He didn't get any PP time last year for NJ because of his crazy defensive workload and he still had like 20 ES points or something.

I agree though, as much as I love Larsson, its a trade you can't pass up. Just hoping that Shero is active in free agency to help shore up the bottom 6 and D.

Lucic to Edmonton
Eriksson to Vancouver
F. Nielsen to Detroit
Okposo to Buffalo
Backes to Boston
Hedman extended in Tampa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT