ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Foles back 2 Eagles!!!

15126409397_7fbe69b21e_o.gif

Reactions: RW_Prescott
This has about a 10% chance of happening.

Personally, I'm not interested.

I miss the days of arak, nd and burrs defending 27-2 nick foles against my claims that he blew.

I agree. Foles was simply pedestrian but folks fell in love with 27-2, 27-2.

I agree. Foles was simply pedestrian but folks fell in love with 27-2, 27-2.

Agree.

I agree with ND's comments above. I was hopeful and willing to give him a chance, was even encouraged when he played well. Eventually, people got crazy with the Nicky Football stuff.

It's hard not to fall in love with. It was peak Foles and it was good. Not sustainable, but indicative that he could be a winning QB in the right conditions.

Fair.

Right conditions is probably (Or close to) synonymous with Denver Broncos caliber defense in this case.

The Rams have a pretty good defense. Just my opinion and I said this as the time, but Foles benefited more from the fact the league had not yet caught up to Chipper's offense. He was a complete system sensation. He had a good defense this year and stunk.

Reactions: GaryMassey
The Rams have a pretty good defense. Just my opinion and I said this as the time, but Foles benefited more from the fact the league had not yet caught up to Chipper's offense. He was a complete system sensation. He had a good defense this year and stunk.

Fair point.

And I guess we could use the same rationale with the coach. Teams finally caught up with his system. Couple this with his strange/quirky behavior, flawed system that allowed his defense to spend extra games on the field, and I guess the success is hard to maintain.

I only remember ND liking Foles, everyone else ran him out of town.
CoP sports fans weren't happy with him at 14-4 despite a shit defense. They haven't ever liked a single eagles QB. Prime McNabb? Could be undefeated with Feeley or Garcia! Foles in an offense that he had a grasp of and can be effective in? Let's see what aging proven losers Sanchez and Vick can do!

I only remember ND liking Foles, everyone else ran him out of town.

I thought he had a chance early on. I remember discussing this with ADP, who never did like him. But the more you watched, the more it became apparent that his ceiling under the right circumstances was no better than average. Today, I'd say that ceiling has dropped even lower.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT