ADVERTISEMENT

Not In This Lifetime

Saw them at coachella wknd 1. They were solid but reviews put the tour opener on another level

I love GNR as much as the next guy. But i saw Axl and a bunch of nobodies perform a couple valentine's days ago at Terminal Five in the CoDB, and he is a terrible perfomer now.

He took a bunch of songs off. I would say he wasn't even on stage for 50% of the show. And he's literally the only reason a person would buy a ticket to see "Guns n Roses" with only one actual member.

Having said all of that, going to a GnR cover show tomorrow night in Atlanta. Band is called "Appetite for Destruction."

I understand what you are saying Mr. Wade Garrett but he really is much improved from a few years ago. I'm really impressed. He actually did a great job fronting AC/DC in Europe and he sounded excellent last night-much better than I ever dreamed.

Not going to GNR, but how cool is Periscope for music people? I can drop myself into nearly any show already and it's barely taken off fully yet. Particularly enjoy arena shows where I can get different vantage points. Very cool

Reactions: Chimpat
I am going to be at the show on the 23rd also. The tour Axl was doing a few years back was pretty awful from what i hear, and watching videos from it i can see why. But I think he pulled himself together, lost some weight, and supposedly sounds awesome.

looking forward to it, should be a great tailgate and show.

I am going to be at the show on the 23rd also. The tour Axl was doing a few years back was pretty awful from what i hear, and watching videos from it i can see why. But I think he pulled himself together, lost some weight, and supposedly sounds awesome.

looking forward to it, should be a great tailgate and show.

Should be an incredible tailgate.

Reactions: Chimpat
Saw them circa 1978 in the best concert of my life in MSG. You could have cut the smoke with a knife. Some might even have been tobacco. They warmed up the crowd with a steel drum band from the islands. The stage prop was a giant flower which opened up with Mick sliding out on his knees as they started to play. That night was the first time they played Sympathy for the Devil since the ugly incident at the Altamont Concert in 1969. No one can touch them. The best rock and roll band ever.

I never understood the concept of having an opening act.

If your music & live performance is so hot, what do you need another band to warm up the crowd for you?

Saw them circa 1978 in the best concert of my life in MSG. You could have cut the smoke with a knife. Some might even have been tobacco. They warmed up the crowd with a steel drum band from the islands. The stage prop was a giant flower which opened up with Mick sliding out on his knees as they started to play. That night was the first time they played Sympathy for the Devil since the ugly incident at the Altamont Concert in 1969. No one can touch them. The best rock and roll band ever.

Axl Rose was still in high school in 1978. You know this thread is about Guns N Roses, not The Rolling Stones, right?

Ha ha I knew that's was what you did immediately when I read your post PeterN. That's a great story- The Stones Tour of the Americas. You should pick up the Stones live release "LA Friday" as it is from that tour and comes with a Blu Ray of the LA show.

The Stones and G'N R are really my top two bands of all time (although there are about 8 that I hold in very high regard). G'N R were in their prime when I was a teen and I got to see them in their prime so this is very exciting for me to see them back again.

NFC, G'N R reunion and a rumored new Stones album and tour in the fall-2016 is definitely the year of Nova98. If we get President Trumo it will be even better yet!

I saw the Rolling Stones at Veterans Stadium 20 years ago. They looked really old even then.

They ARE old - but you can't say they aren't good at playing live music. They are. Still.
I liken this to hanging out with guys I've known since high school. Is it the same as it was when we were in college and our early 20s? No. Do i still enjoy it? Yes.

They are old, they were old 20 years ago, and they sucked then, and I'm sure they've gotten even worse.

They are one of my favorite bands. Would much rather see a "tribute" band than the real thing. Try the Glimmer Twins. They rock.

They are old, they were old 20 years ago, and they sucked then, and I'm sure they've gotten even worse.

They are one of my favorite bands. Would much rather see a "tribute" band than the real thing. Try the Glimmer Twins. They rock.

I saw them on that tour - assuming you are taking about Voodoo Lounge. They did not suck at all.

Perhaps what you paid for the ticket made you convince yourself that they were good. They were not. They were awful. The highlight was the anonymous black chick singing backup on Gimme Shelter.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Perhaps what you paid for the ticket made you convince yourself that they were good. They were not. They were awful. The highlight was the anonymous black chick singing backup on Gimme Shelter.

Nope. Actually got those ticket gratis. Very very far from awful. Saw them on Steel Wheels as well and thought they were better on Voodoo.

I never understood the concept of having an opening act.

If your music & live performance is so hot, what do you need another band to warm up the crowd for you?

Typically its another band that the headliner likes hanging out with or wants to give a shot/their label makes them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT