ADVERTISEMENT

Nova gets National Attention

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
Not many opportunities in the past few years to get noticed anywhere outside of Radnor. From Graham Hays ESPN opening week roundup blog -

Biggest surprise: Villanova beating Michigan State. Mulkey wasn't the only coach to hit a milestone over the weekend. In fact, Villanova's Harry Perretta doubled her up by collecting win No. 600 in Sunday's 76-47 win against Iona. He's just the seventh Division I coach to total 600 wins at one school. But nobody is probably more pleased than Perretta himself that the milestone was overshadowed by win No. 599. That came courtesy of a 75-64 win against No. 25 Michigan State on Friday, the first against a ranked foe for the Wildcats in more than two years.

Villanova's next three games come at Marist and Princeton and home against Delaware, quality opponents that should test what Perretta has on his hands with Rachel Roberts and Lauren Burford (a combined 13-of-24 shooting from the 3-point line through two games).

tpenter,

Your loyalty to the LadyCats is beyond belief; I only wish I lived closer. On one hand you would expect that running clock would permit fewer turn overs, but on the other hand the more time you possess the ball the possibility might increase. I am glad to see that younger kids are getting
some real chances to play.

Thanks Whitecat - just trying to push some enthusiasm back into the program. Sorry that you can't make more games, even less now that Syracuse is bolting the Big East and Binghamton probably won't make it back on the schedule until we get someone else from that area.

Reserving judgement on this team's capabilities until we see a few more games, but many optimistic signs so far. Three tough games ahead before a breather on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT