ADVERTISEMENT

Nova players in National and Big East stat leaders

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
Nova team/players in the stat leaderboards (thru Sunday 12/11)-

Team is 1st in Division I in least fouls per game (11.50), 2nd in least turnovers (11.30 p/g), 9th in Threes made (8.3 p/g), 6th in Assist to T/O ratio (1.32), 29th in defense (52.1 p/g). The fact that we are playing an up-tempo game plan this year makes the low foul, turnover and opponent points numbers even more impressive.

Individuals - Sweeney is 8th in double/doubles (5), 29th in F/G% (56%) and 48th in rebounds (9.6 p/g). She is 6th in B/E scoring at 17.1 p/g, 2nd in rebounds and 1st in defensive rebounds (6.8 p/g) and won the Big Five player of the week for the second week in a row, and followed up her Big East player of the week honor with an runner up mention this week to Sugar Rogers from Georgetown. Suhey leads the B/E in 3-Point percentage at 62% but does not have enough made shots to qualify for the national leaderboard. Pearson has an incredible Assist/TO ratio of 4.67 but is 2 assists shy of qualifying for the national or B/E leaderboard. I think she would be second nationally and first in the B/E with that ratio.

We received one vote in the coaches poll this week and currently have the 14th best RPI in RealtimeRPI.com with an oppenents strength of schedule ranked at 21st. They project us out at to finish at 18-10 (9-7 in the B/E). Note that their projection does not reflect the unknown opponent in the second game of the Holiday tournament and the Div. II game against Phila. Univ. does not get counted in determing the RPI nor will it count as a win for NCAA tournament consideration at the end of the year.
This post was edited on 12/16 9:25 PM by tpenter
This post was edited on 12/16 9:41 PM by tpenter

Thanks for looking. Not many posters for the women this year, somewhat surprising after their good start and updated style of play. I think they are an interesting team with a lot of upside potential for later this year and especially next season.

The Nova game notes have been reporting the national stats leaders the last few weeks so I haven't updated them. Most of the previously reported positions have not changed much. Their RPI remains about 15 with the incredicble strength of schedule index that they have. The SOS should continue to remain pretty high as we hit the meat of the Big East teams.

Are you a season ticket holder for the women? I don't think there are a heck of a lot of us. Let me know if you are going to be at the UConn game and if we can touch base before the start.

I am on my own on Saturday so I should have more time to chat.

The current and career stats can be found by scrolling down a bit when the women's page opens up on their website. Game notes and past year results and stats are also available there. The stats are usually updated within 12 hours of a game end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT