ADVERTISEMENT

nova recruiting

David St Hubbins

VUSports.com Legend
May 15, 2002
I've lived here in cincy for about 8 years and one thing about this area is the fact that HS football is very big. The primary competitive league here is the GCL (greater Catholic league) and has the likes of ST X, moeller, elder and lasalle. Most national experts beleive year in and year out its one of the best leagues in the nation. Their top tier kids often go to ND OSU and some other big 10 schools for sure. St X has had a steady pipeline to BC with Luke kiechly being the most notable recent standout. But let me tell you, the next tier guys play at the OUs and Miamis and they many of them would love the opportunity to play at nova. Not tons of Catholic football options but we would present a really nice option for many of these kids. I have had several people over the years ask me why nova doesn't recruit the GCL. And as recently as the 2 weeks ago at te X game,a woman working concessions saw my sweatshirt and said my so. Would love to play football for you. He starts for elder and is looking for maybe a smaller school BC he'd be more comfortable but he's looking at a lot of Mac schools. I do t even k ow what to say to these people.any way to pass this to the coaches? The GCL is waiting.....

We should definitely consider some sort of pipeline in regards to recruiting in that area.

I've lived here in cincy for about 8 years and one thing about this area is the fact that HS football is very big. The primary competitive league here is the GCL (greater Catholic league) and has the likes of ST X, moeller, elder and lasalle. Most national experts beleive year in and year out its one of the best leagues in the nation. Their top tier kids often go to ND OSU and some other big 10 schools for sure. St X has had a steady pipeline to BC with Luke kiechly being the most notable recent standout. But let me tell you, the next tier guys play at the OUs and Miamis and they many of them would love the opportunity to play at nova. Not tons of Catholic football options but we would present a really nice option for many of these kids. I have had several people over the years ask me why nova doesn't recruit the GCL. And as recently as the 2 weeks ago at te X game,a woman working concessions saw my sweatshirt and said my so. Would love to play football for you. He starts for elder and is looking for maybe a smaller school BC he'd be more comfortable but he's looking at a lot of Mac schools. I do t even k ow what to say to these people.any way to pass this to the coaches? The GCL is waiting.....
Nova staff recruits very, very well. Sometimes these things go in cycles. We might see Cats in out there again.

Nova staff recruits very, very well. Sometimes these things go in cycles. We might see Cats in out there again.
Ed I'm not insinuating they don't. I am saying there is a top conference here that nova barely touches and I think they could do really well here given the type of kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT