ADVERTISEMENT

Nova - Temple to renew in 2017....

Just read that . . . mixed feeling . . . like local rivalry but not on unequal footing. Part of would rather play lower tier ACC teams. Plus this bumps Temple's attendance in 2 years during their pre-on campus stadium years - 2017 under existing lease and 2018 likely under first 1-year extension. I guess if payday is good + no travel costs is OK.

2-3 times every decade is ok with me.

I'd like see a rotation of BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, & Army/Navy in a decade's time.

The payday is important and some would be competitive games.

Good point - would love to play Navy. Great road trip game to Annapolis. Less interest in Army not so much for travel but they have really fallen behind Navy (yeah I know 16+ years of warfare hurts Army's recruiting). I like your other picks as well but I would expect you need to throw UConn in that pile if they are willing to pay.

2-3 times every decade is ok with me.

I'd like see a rotation of BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, & Army/Navy in a decade's time.

The payday is important and some would be competitive games.

Would have liked to see Nova play up in Happy Valley......but, think I've heard that the Big 10 teams won't be playing FCS teams anymore .

I wouldn't mind playing Temple if both schools were on an equal playing field, but we're not.

Would love to see this

Would have liked to see Nova play up in Happy Valley..
You're out of your mind - would be a non competitive blood bath

Playing temple is a waste of everyone's time.

All it does is give temple a game in which they will draw over 15k fans, which only happens when schools with some sort of following play them.

Cats were to have played penn state in 1981 (or was it 1982) but regretfully did not show up

Cats were to have played penn state in 1981 (or was it 1982) but regretfully did not show up
It was actually 1983, which was a 4 loss year for Penn State, which in those days was a poor year for the Lions.

Not saying we would have beaten them, but Cincinnati took our place on the schedule and best the Lions that September, 1983 day. Back in 83, Cincinnati was no better than the Cats. We played them and beat them regularly in the 70's.

Who knows. We can thank Mc Carthy and Deegan for that fiasco, just like we can thank Bobbin' Dobbin' for the 97 fiasco going 1A, who, by the way perjured himself in the case against the old Wildcat Club and Bob Capone. Its right there in the transcripts.

Sorry bad post but it was better then qwe. I think it was father Driscoll that night

Didn't we (Now we're we???) win the basketball national championship shortly after re-prioritizing our athletics resources round the time which you old timers speak of?
"We" live in the present, while fondly recalling past achievements. ."We" reached the Football and Basketball Final 4 in 2009 and won football title. "We" have the #3 ranked FCS football program in 2015. "We" also won the Big East Basketball Championship in 2015. "We" will be at UCONN on 9/3. "We" will attend every home and most road football games in 2015. "We" will also attend most weekend/holiday VU basketball games in 2015-16. "We" support both programs.

Reactions: ericw and Bobby Dix
Playing Temple gives us the opportunity to open against an FBS opponent without going on the road. For this reason and for tradition I support the concept of continuing the series on a semi-annual basis.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT