ADVERTISEMENT

Nova women back in Bracketology

Coach4pride

Diaper Dandy
Dec 3, 2003
A #7 seed vs Iowa.

I wonder if a win or two in the BET would move them up another spot or so?

Very nice Lady Cats, great being in the NCAA tourney discussion again.

ESPN's predictions

ESPN's Charlie actually had us as an 8 seed, moved up to a 7 with a prodecural bump.

Putting us at an 8 or 9 seed would place us in a first and second round site with a 1 seed. Since both Uconn and Notre Dame are going to be 1 seeds, and the NCAA does not want conference opponents facing each other in the first weekend, that left little room to place Nova, thus we get bumped to a seven seed. If the NCAA wanted to seed us 9th we would probably get bumped to a 10.

As Billy Joel once said, either way its okay, you wake up with yourself, just as long as we are not in a first round site with a 1 seed on their home court.

Not likely we would get any higher seed than a 7 unless we blow by Georgetown and Syracuse and put up a good show against UConn.

I think that we are in, but we only need to look back at 2005 and 2006 when everyone had us in and we wound up sitting on our thumbs on selection day and playing in the WNIT both years. We had 20 plus wins both years and were left out. I have some concern that we only finished in a three way tie for 6th in the Big East. If the NCAA only takes 6 or 7 B/E teams, one or two of those three will be left out. DePaul has the better name recognition for the NCAA and South Florida had some key wins during the year, so someone may be able to make an argument against Nova even though we beat them both.

I remember the let down those years. I believe we got in the last time because we had 2 wins over Notre Dame, one win in the BE tournament. It would be great to win the first game in the BE. Have to think good things. I would love to see the Seniors get an NCAA trip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT