ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Win vs. LaSalle

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
A typical Nova game, except we actually made the open threes that teams typically give us at the start of games before they adjust to our offense.

After Kimmell bombed away hitting four of her first five we were up 18-5 with less than four minutes played. Incredibly LaSalle left her wide open the first seven times up the court before calling a time out to regroup.

LaSalle then pushed out the perimeter defense and the first line offense wasn't able to get cutters open or failed to hit them when they were, the threes stopped falling and the offense bogged down for most of the rest of the game. Harry went with a five for five substitution about eight minutes in. After scoring 18 in 3:45 we scored only 8 more in the next 12 minutes or so. Fortunately we put some more points on the board before half to be able to keep a 10+ point lead the rest of the way.

The story on the Nova website pretty well documents the game. I will attempt to make as many games as I can this year and post up summaries when I can. Give me a shout out if you are interested so I at least know that there are some left on the board that care. No need to hear from you-know-who since we all know where he stands (sits?).

LaSalle was awful, not much to learn from this game other than Kimmell may be able to jump start them to some wins that might not otherwise have been possible. DellaWare lurks on Thursday in their house. A lot of backstorys with that game but the end result is proably not going to pretty from the Nova aspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT