ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar nominations

Not necessarily. DMIL and I will both be 40 (he's already there) this year and have hair most 17 years olds would kill for.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
I enjoyed Grand Budapest at well. It was very original, utterly stupid (in a good way) and never took itself too serious. Best Wes Anderson film since Rushmore probably. Fienes was really good too.
Agree, but I think it's his best since Royal Tenenbaums. Although Life Aquatic was real good too.

Can you pass the throat slitter?

I'm guessing a few have their real hair but statistically it's almost impossible none of them show any kind of recession. I think by 40, over 60% of men have some sort of thinning or recession in the front even if it's slight.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Their lives are built upon being good-looking, imagine the bulk have plugs or some sort of transplant working.

Really want to see multi-episode documentary on the fakeness of Hollywood.

Hair could be 1 episode. Sinatra used spray-paint

That's why the best issue of Enquirer is always the stars without make up issue. It's chilling.

Some people do not lose their hair. Obviously you are talking about genetically gifted people to some extent so it's plausible they are in the minority. And some do go full club member - Robery Duvall, Bruce Willis, Ben Kingsley, Malkovich, Ed Harris, Nick Cage etc.

If your livelihood was somewhat dependent on how you look and age, I'm not sure who would not take measures to keep up the facade.

Once I had a really long flight and out of boredom I decided to rank all the BP winners in order. (Only ones that I actually saw)

I lost the list tho

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Just like collehe hoops the movies of today don't hold up to their predecessors:)......So many more better movies in the 70's, 80's, and 90's
Don't really agree with this - esp. the 80s. If you take out Spielberg/Lucas blockbuster sequels and John Hughes movies you're not left with much. Wall Street, Blue Velvet, and just a handful of others.

2000s and 2010s have plenty of amazing movies. More crap, but a LOT of good too.

Originally posted by TheDean:

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Just like collehe hoops the movies of today don't hold up to their predecessors:)......So many more better movies in the 70's, 80's, and 90's
Don't really agree with this - esp. the 80s. If you take out Spielberg/Lucas blockbuster sequels and John Hughes movies you're not left with much. Wall Street, Blue Velvet, and just a handful of others.

2000s and 2010s have plenty of amazing movies. More crap, but a LOT of good too.
Well if you took Michael Jordan off the Bulls, basketball would not have been as good either.
Anyway, I dont agree. Some great flicks in the 80s. Untouchables, Fast Times, Platoon, First few Cohen brothers movies, Terminator, Full Metal Jacket. Die Hard - just off the top of my head...

Of the three decades I mentioned the 80's would be third for me, but like dmil said I still think there were some good stuff and things that are better than what we get today.

Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
That movie was prophetic. That's pretty much Detroit today no?

This post was edited on 2/24 12:32 AM by Sportsboss_ofnothing
I'd buy that for a dollar

jpg

I'll add Raging Bull, Once Upon a Time in America, The Shining, Bladerunner, Aliens, Fatal Attraction to DMIL's list - yes there are several great 80 movies but not really a lot. Since 2010 we have:

American Hustle
Inception
Drive
Nightcrawler
The Wolf of Wall Street
Django Unchained
Zero Dark Thirty
Gravity
12 Years a Slave
Dallas Buyers Club
Hugo
Interstellar
Gone Girl
The Place Beyond the Pines
Lincoln
End of Watch
Argo
The Fighter
Black Swan
Nebraska
The Social Network
Inside Llewyn Davis
Flight
The Master
Edge of Tomorrow
Looper
This is the End
Shutter Island
Prometheus
True Grit
The Town
Moneyball

And we still have almost 5 years to go

A remake counts? (true grit)

You lost me at Moneyball. Decent flick but come on? A great movie? I guess if you're FoyeEffect then this movie is your Citizen Kane. We're really stretching now on the word great.

Wolf of Wall Street is underrated at this point. Upon further viewings, it's really well done. People tend to miss some of the grittier William Freidken - type movies from the 1970s, which is fair, but I really refuse to be one of these 'back in the day' people when it comes to this or basketball or things like that. For example, I'd put Weding Crashers next to Animal House any day. You may like Animal House more - because it's had time to become classic, but WC is spectacular, as is Step Brothers. Might be a little less frequent but i bet people in the 1970's would say the French Connection was no On the Waterfront.

Another forgotten 80's movie which was great is To Live and Die in LA. Directed by Friedkin, I believe. Soundtrack entirely by Wang Chung

Re Cooper bringing his mother, Stern references this all the time. This brilliant move was developed by DiCaprio. With all the chicks that show up at the after-parties, why lock yourself into one by bringing her to the Oscars. Bring your mom, look like a good guy, and then plow whoever you want at the various parties later that night.

Didnt watch the Oscars, havent seen Birdman but I probably wont because to be honest it looks terrible.

Best movies of the year were American Sniper, St. Vincent, and Boyhood in that order.

Cooper should have won best actor.

Didnt know JK Simmonds was still alive.

Glad Reece Witherspoon did not win for wandering into the woods and not dieing.

Guardians of the Galaxy was snubbed.

Big Hero 6 was not that good.

Patricia Arquette should have won but they should not have allowed her to talk.

This post was edited on 2/24 2:06 PM by Lowry45

Originally posted by YourBuddyRayhad:
Another forgotten 80's movie which was great is To Live and Die in LA. Directed by Friedkin, I believe. Soundtrack entirely by Wang Chung
Friedken is hit or miss....

22233.jpg

Originally posted by Lowry45:

C'mon Lowry, Simmons is great! Anyone else enjoy his work in this flick?

JK-Simmons-Juno-Oscar_l.jpg

Originally posted by Chimpat:

ec

ec
Its more of a comment in that the only think I have seen JK Simmonds do since Juno is be in State Farm commercials.

ec

ec
Its more of a comment in that the only think I have seen JK Simmonds do since Juno is be in State Farm commercials.
Had basically the highlight scene in "Up in the Air" as well. J Jonah Jameson as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT