ADVERTISEMENT

#OscarsSoWhite

So sick of this shit. Maybe this year no one black was deserving. Is that so wrong? Last year and in many past years there were several nominees. The hysterical part of this is that the Academy and Hollywood is so flamingly liberal and yet they're being somehow racist because Straight Outta Compton didn't get 13 nominations.

There's no Asians or Mexicans nominated. How come they don't complain? Oh that's right. Because they actually work and don't care about this trivial shit.

Reactions: tjc3844
This will just lead to affirmative action in awards.
beta15-gabbylaverne-highlight.jpg

How about Aunt Vivian going off on Jada and Will Smith?

At least the government didn't feed any majority black city poisoned drinking water this year...
Be interesting to see who makes up the city government of Flint and controls these things. I'm going to use that google machine because we need answers!

To be clear - the "outrage" is not over the lack of non-white Oscar nominations. That's perceived as a symptom of the "problem" - which is the lack of diversity of Adadamy voters (the membership), who are nearly 94% Caucasian and 77% male. Black members make up about 2% of the Academy, and Latino members less than 2%.

To be clear - the "outrage" is not over the lack of non-white Oscar nominations. That's perceived as a symptom of the "problem" - which is the lack of diversity of Adadamy voters (the membership), who are nearly 94% Caucasian and 77% male. Black members make up about 2% of the Academy, and Latino members less than 2%.
It's really bringing this country down, there needs to be a summit. I'm sure Edward James Olmos is a member.

I dont think its the academy, more so the industry as a whole.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
This all stems from decades of mis-management at the local level.

Oh do tell. The long history of Republican elected officials in Flint are responsible as well? I love how in this case you can blame both parties because this town has a history of only electing Democrats.
Have you read a single word about the situation? Even the article you posted:

The mayor's job in Flint has changed in recent years because of the state's involvement in running the city since Gov. Rick Snyder declared a financial emergency here in 2011.

Since that time, Snyder has appointed a succession of four emergency managers to run the city.

Although the last of those managers left Flint earlier this year, a Receivership Transition Advisory Board remains, as does a city administrator with broad powers and more than four years remaining on a contract signed by former emergency manager Darnell Earley.

An emergency manager's order signed in April gives City Administrator Natasha Henderson the authority to recommend, subject to the mayor's approval, the appointment of the police chief, fire chief, finance director, planning and development director, public works director, chief legal officer and chief personnel officer.

The administrator -- not the mayor -- also oversees all department heads, division heads, managers and non-elected city employees, according to that emergency manager's order.

So how about the fact that it was a Snyder-appointed emergency manager who made the decision to switch the water source?? How about the fact that it was made two years ago?? So if you want to blame city government for the financial mismanagement that lead to the appointment of emergency managers and pin this all on democrats go ahead.

That's a fair point. Seems like we should hang all the local elected officials for the past mis-management, the local officials who allowed the switch and then the DEP or whatever it's called in Michigan for not going the proper testing. I'll issue a mea culpa. They should all be fired.

That's a fair point. Seems like we should hang all the local elected officials for the past mis-management, the local officials who allowed the switch and then the DEP or whatever it's called in Michigan for not going the proper testing. I'll issue a mea culpa. They should all be fired.
it was actually obama's epa that sat on some of this... hence my original statement about plenty of blame for both parties.

ND, they haven't elected a Republican in Fllint ever....the entire thing stems from the city's elected offcials complete lack of ability to manage their finances. I don't believe a Republican has held office in the past 50 years. So let's just acknowledge this up front. However, where are the regulators? The EPA and State DEP (or whatever its called in Michigan) were asleep at the wheel. No question. However, I know we're not allowed to be fair here and should just resort to our sides.

Good points from a few here. Adp's point about hollywood being heavily liberal and still not having many minorities in positions of influence is often overlooked. All of these white actors, directors, producers, etc. have this rose colored outlook on the world, but would probably be outraged if they didn't get the work they currently get.

At the same time, it's not fair to say the minorities are just whining. Movies/tv are best when they reflect real life - and modern day america has new stories to tell.

I'm not sure how racist they can be. I'm not Oscar expert but a few years back they nominated one of the most gigantic Fat Black Chicks I've ever seen in my life for an acting Oscar. She played the lead in Precious

So sick of this shit. Maybe this year no one black was deserving. Is that so wrong? Last year and in many past years there were several nominees. The hysterical part of this is that the Academy and Hollywood is so flamingly liberal and yet they're being somehow racist because Straight Outta Compton didn't get 13 nominations.

There's no Asians or Mexicans nominated. How come they don't complain? Oh that's right. Because they actually work and don't care about this trivial shit.
They just need to serve sushi & tacos at the pre-awards parties and all will be right in Tinsel Town!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT