ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rick Santorum is running for President (again)

Speaking of extremes, like we did here, now Baltimore is the symbol of every situation that relates to the ghetto/urban area and any level of achievement, or lack thereof. Adp, as I've said before you are damn consistent!

tjc,
True or false:
1) You admitted to watching 60 hours of Fox News per week.
2) You described Dr. Ben Carson, noted surgeon and fake GoP presidential candidate as a former "poor ghetto kid" as a means to equate poverty to a lack of motivation.
1) No. I never said I seriously watched Fox News for 60 hours a week. In one of your rants, you accused me of watching it 40 hours a week and I quipped "are you sure it's not 60 hours a week?"
2) No. I cited him as an example of a poor ghetto kid who, because of self-motivation and the guidance of a mother who only had a 3rd grade education and couldn't read, instilling the American Dream in he and his brother that they could overcome all the adversities they faced and achieve their life goals. She thought them to reject the "victim" mentality. Any other of your miscaracterizations of what I posted need straightening out for you?

tjc, I agree that the last time someone asked that question your response was that you actually do have it on 60 hours a week, but it's on in the background and you aren't watching it the entire time.

"Why can't you cut into people's brains? Ben Carson did it, and look where he grew up!"

This is going to be my go to response whenever any person complains about anything regarding their job

Reactions: kjbert
When asked how much TV you watch, you definitely, without a doubt, said you always have Fox News on in the background for an estimated 60 hrs/a week. This is not made up. I will see if Pete Cilento pdf-ed that thread.
Yeah I have my TV on all day but that doesn't mean I'm "watching" it.

Don't tell TJC about all the "ENTITLEMENTS" that Ben Carson received:

10629719_10203536318420937_8761576893665020954_n.jpg

There is a very specific problem in Baltimore where the cops are scared to do their jobs. The result has been a rise in violent crimes in the same community that rioted. That's a fact. You are seeing similar issues across the country. there is a direct relationship between less cops patroling and increase in violet crime. The rioting has hurt the communities in which the rioters live. Sorry that's a hard truth we don't like to talk about.

Speaking of extremes, like we did here, now Baltimore is the symbol of every situation that relates to the ghetto/urban area and any level of achievement, or lack thereof. Adp, as I've said before you are damn consistent!

If a cop is 'afraid' to do his job, he should not do that job. Suspect this is more of a protest. Not 'afraid' to do their job, just refusing to do it. Unless they think they cant do it unless they have the authority to beat the shit out of suspects.

So it's the cops fault we have more violent crimes in these specific neighborhoods?

I agree. So thugs win and further crush their own community of which they are allowed to pollute. So let's stop with the victim mentality.

It's not that cut and dry. As with many occupations, some cops do a great job and some just don't. There is enough blame to around. This crap about cops suddenly being afraid to do the job they get paid to do is bull!

Typical union tactic. Teachers do the same thing in labor disagreements. "Work to contract". Do the bare minimum until appeased.

Homicide counts aren't necessarily indicative of police effectiveness. Sometimes you've just go to throw some lead and don't have time to check your local FOP's butthurt-o-meter first.

I don't think police are winning anything as they continue to get attacked physically, by the media and generally seen as the problem. So, no it does not apply to police.

I don't think police are winning anything as they continue to get attacked physically, by the media and generally seen as the problem. So, no it does not apply to police.

So you dont think by laying down they are not playing victim?

Don't tell TJC about all the "ENTITLEMENTS" that Ben Carson received:
There you go again, 5.0! Your eWarrenesque view of the world shines through. How could I have possibly missed the fact that Food Stamps and public housing were responsible for him becoming one of the most prominent neuro surgeons in the world? His mother's example and his hard work had nothing to do with it! Obama told us he didn't build that and, we know, he's always right.

10629719_10203536318420937_8761576893665020954_n.jpg

How could I have possibly missed the fact that Food Stamps and public housing were responsible for him becoming one of the most prominent neuro surgeons in the world? His mother's example and his hard work had nothing to do with it!

So if he didn't have food stamps and public housing and government grants, how would he have gotten to today? BOOTSTRAPS? Or would he have dropped out to do menial labor so that he didn't starve to death in the streets?

If a cop is 'afraid' to do his job, he should not do that job. Suspect this is more of a protest. Not 'afraid' to do their job, just refusing to do it. Unless they think they cant do it unless they have the authority to beat the shit out of suspects.

This is the single dumbest post on this message board right now.

This is the single dumbest post on this message board right now.

Why? Same thing happened in NYC after the two cops were shot. Cops just stopped doing anything. At least in NYC the police had a somewhat legitimate reason - DeBlasio, and their commissioner had the wherewithal to put an end to it. In Baltimore they didnt like that some of their own were indicted for what they think is 'doing their job'. It's not like Baltimore being a dangerous city has snuck up them in the last few weeks. It's been this way for years. You dont think this sequence of events is related?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT