ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Temple beats Penn State

Temple easily handled Penn State 27 -10.
About time. 74 years is a very long time.
Offensive coaches at PSU should be fired. The PSU offense stinks. Not to take anything away from TU defense, a good D, but PSU did not have a clue.

Last edited:
About time. 41 years is a very long time.
Offensive coaches at PSU should be fired. The PSU offense stinks. Not to take anything away from TU defense, a good D, but PSU did not have a clue.
Uncle Ed - is the move up to the big east still a done deal?

I guess we won't know for a while whether this is a good win for Temple, although beating them for the fist time in 74 years makes it a good win. But Penn State looked awful and may be heading for a losing season. In any case, Temple got the monkey off their back.

Temple clearly deserved this victory today because of the way they dominated penn State on the offensive and defensive line of scrimmage. i am not a Temple fan by any means but i have to give credit where credit is due in that Temple was the better team today.

Reactions: dcdisco
Excellent win. Beat them up pretty good. Possible to gain momentum from this. Good for them.

Temple easily handled Penn State 27 -10.
Next up for PSU is Buffalo who beat up CAA member and Nova foe Albany 54 - 14. The Buffalo QB threw for 246 yds and two touchdowns. The RB ran for 104 yds. Seems like a good balance. Will be an interesting match up. Buffalo has long been a dormant program.

Next up for PSU is Buffalo who beat up CAA member and Nova foe Albany 54 - 14. The Buffalo QB threw for 246 yds and two touchdowns. The RB ran for 104 yds. Seems like a good balance. Will be an interesting match up. Buffalo has long been a dormant program.

Buffalo brought in D3 Wisconsin-Whitewater coach. His record there was like 100-6. Big jump up, but I bet this guy knows how to coach. I followed their recruiting and they did a nice job making Buffalo sound like a place you want to play at. That ain't easy. Time will tell, but I think the program is an up & comer in the MAC.

Owls were better in every area......PSU O-line is still weak, but not to take anything away from TU...Rhule outcoached Franklin and was way ahead of him in every aspect. And, PSU lost their best defended, linebacker Wartman.....If Owls can get by Cincinnati next week, they will be looking at a great season....10-11 wins. Don't want to play TU in coming seasons as the program will definitely be getting better each year.

Owls were better in every area......PSU O-line is still weak, but not to take anything away from TU...Rhule outcoached Franklin and was way ahead of him in every aspect. And, PSU lost their best defended, linebacker Wartman.....If Owls can get by Cincinnati next week, they will be looking at a great season....10-11 wins. Don't want to play TU in coming seasons as the program will definitely be getting better each year.
Definitely getting better each year? TU has a great defense led by an outstanding senior LB. Current QB will be gone after next season.
Cats have a two year contract,17 & 18. Who knows?

Reactions: Bobby Dix
I guess we won't know for a while whether this is a good win for Temple,

Now there's a brilliant analysis.

Definitely getting better each year? TU has a great defense led by an outstanding senior LB. Current QB will be gone after next season.
Cats have a two year contract,17 & 18. Who knows?
Current PSU coach is on the hot seat. If he goes, is a coach in waiting to be found on North Broad Street?

Current PSU coach is on the hot seat
After 2 years???? Sources? (oh, wait.....).

Been a long time since there has been any thought about coaching staff changes at PSU........and I think they'll give Franklin a few years considering the scholarship limitations he started under........has some decent freshman this year and good class for 2016......but the Penn State faithful, of which there are many, won't let it ride too long.

Ok, Cardashian it is clearly was a good win for Temple. My point is that we don't know how good a win it is because it looks like a lot of teams are going to beat Penn State this year. It is a great hurdle for the Owls, though, both on the field and on the recruiting trail. They looked great, they really did. Now lighten up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT