ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic....

Does he even care?
Mark Jackson ,the new AD is Fr Peter's hire. No doubt about it. Fr Peter DOES NOT like football. VU just hired an assistant basketball coach as the new athletic fund raiser. Get the drift?

UE, I thought Mark Jackson being was always more of a football guy. I hear you about the athletic fund raiser, but not clear what you mean about Mark Jackson. I thought if anything this would help football.

They looked really bad today. Amazingly, the kicking game was not the reason they lost. But just about everything else struggled. So sad to see a season with so much promise go down the tubes.

Had a chance to chat for a few mins with JR. As nice a guy as you will meet. 1st class. Thanked him for all the great memories of games. Wish him the best

Reactions: Bobby Dix
They looked really bad today. Amazingly, the kicking game was not the reason they lost. But just about everything else struggled. So sad to see a season with so much promise go down the tubes.

Had a chance to chat for a few mins with JR. As nice a guy as you will meet. 1st class. Thanked him for all the great memories of games. Wish him the best
JR is a great kid. Good student, good citizen, great football player.

Reactions: Bobby Dix and brill
JR's talent was too great to replace with anyone. ZB is young & inexperienced. He will be inconsistent this season especially if his supporting cast doesn't step up. The offense lacks the line play to create holes for the backs & the time to look downfield. Our wideouts are possession types who lack the physical skills to get separation on their routes. The running backs are not 25-30 carries a game workhorses like Monangai.

The defense is starting to show signs of taking a step in the wrong direction. Hopefully, W&M was not a omen for what is to come. I don't care win ugly, but they MUST WIN @ Albany. Forget the playoffs. This is a week to week look. Get it done in Albany and we'll worry about the next game.

This season is getting away from all of us. Time to circle the wagons. Emphasis on the basics and gut out a win @ Albany.

There is soooo much to replace in addition to JR. He covered numerous ills but Keven M as a RB and the Oline chamges simply need time. W&M is a solid team who lost to Del w/o their leading RB. We have speed but not really power backs. We have possession receivers but not speed receivers. made a FG and XP but punter was not as good-He was Exceptional in prior games but just good this time. Zach showed signs of promise.

3 horrible plays cost us. 2 defenders took ea other out and receiver ran for a TD. 70 yr run play and the INT returned for aTD. 21 easy pts.

i am a glass 3/4 full guy and expect a W vs Albany. Tom

They actually have a favorable schedule the next month. Hopefully they can get back on track and make a run.

Much to worry about moving forward but manageable if addressed honestly and aggressively … and without excuses.

The team has no identity. As good as he was, there was too much focus on Robertson as the identity by the coaches … even when JR’s head was clearly not in it this year the way it has been in the past. When you give special privilege and 90% of the attention to one guy, don’t be surprised when the house falls quickly.

Beginning today … Build an offensive identity around being a quick, well-executing offense. The OC has been horrible this year – lack of OC preparation for Penn cost them that game. He’s been in place long enough that he should be able to call a quicker game. Dictate the play. Exploit what is available. Penn showed how smart execution can win out over talent.

Don’t make excuses. Robinson was great the past two years but he is gone. Work with what you’ve got. Underwood, White, Gulyas, McClenton, Gudzak and Wells. It’s enough to win. It’s certainly enough to carry the load while ZB gets comfortable early in the game.

Be less predictable. Our personnel package too often indicates the play call … it certainly indicates pass versus run all too often. And get ZB out of the pocket by design when the OL isn’t really creating a pocket.

Build a defensive identity around playing forward. It’s what they’re built for. More aggressiveness. More press to stop the quick out or slant that is a gimme when we’re 12 yards off the ball. Our defense too often takes on the finesse persona of our offense. Cut ‘em loose. Despite W&M, the defense can still be very good this year.

Stop seeing ST as a necessary evil. It is a difference maker. And it has been a weakness ever since Roc Belantoni left. Make it a priority instead of an afterthought. When was the last time we pressured a kick … at least make them think we might.

Get back to a team concept. Hold everyone accountable to do their job and give them the plan and the confidence to do so. There is enough talent to win. But it won’t happen without a little bit of passion from somewhere and it won’t happen without an honest assessment of what needs to be different.

They could go 5-1 or 1-5 the rest of the way. It is still too early to give up.

nova525, very good post. I knew we didn't have a chance against W&M and JMU will be another team that if we keep the game within 20 points we will be lucky. This team doesn't have a chance to make the postseason, but hoping we can win a few games along the way.

Did the new AD notice that there were no students, band or cheerleaders at the game? I hear Sark is available for the right price (Oxycontin & Jack Daniels) if he'd like to double down on his recommendation.

@ Albany W
@ Towson - 50/50
Maine W
@ Rhody W

Sweep & 6-3 overall (5-1 in CAA)

Split Richmond & JMU finish 7-4 (6-2). Get sent to Samford, AL or some other god forsaken FCS location for 1st round of FCS playoffs.

ALL IN......its doable.

Reactions: ericw
Did the new AD notice that there were no students, band or cheerleaders at the game? I hear Sark is available for the right price (Oxycontin & Jack Daniels) if he'd like to double down on his recommendation.
Students are on fall break
900 students signed up for the Penn game. Along with the band.

Worst college football game day experience in the country. Not sure how much say the new AD will have.

Worst college football game day experience in the country. Not sure how much say the new AD will have.

You have no idea what you're talking about here. Feel free to criticize our game day experience, and it certainly deserves it on a lot of levels, but this hyperbole serves no purpose.

I don't think we have the worst game day experience but there are many areas that have been discussed here ad nauseum that can be improved. Arranging the schedule so that there are no home games during fall break would be a nice.

Reactions: DCFRANKLIN
Our Defensive backs are bad. How about that play vs. W&M where two backs had the receiver covered, ran into each other, while the receiver caught the ball. Our DBs can't cover at all

Our Defensive backs are bad. How about that play vs. W&M where two backs had the receiver covered, ran into each other, while the receiver caught the ball. Our DBs can't cover at all
I disagree. They had the receiver covered. Bumped each other out of the way. Completed pass. Even worse receiver ran it in for a score . Another ball buster was the W&M pic that went for a 94 yd TD. Who knows . If those two big plays don't happen????

I disagree. They had the receiver covered. Bumped each other out of the way. Completed pass. Even worse receiver ran it in for a score . Another ball buster was the W&M pic that went for a 94 yd TD. Who knows . If those two big plays don't happen????
Too many completions on 3rd and long this year with receivers wide open in the middle of the field.

Why pass against us if you have a lead in the second half and want to kill clock? I think we have up far more passing yardage last year but it was because everyone was playing catchup against us.

Underestimating the contributions of McCann who has been out with a thumb injury. The pass defense was good through Delaware. He's been replaced by a kid who is learning. Its a read and react defense and if you read it wrong there is not much help on an intermediate (15-20 yd) pass.

With 3 losses, we are still alive. So there's a glimmer of hope that we'll get to JMU at 7-3.

Glimmer of hope if Cats beat Albany and take the beatable rest one by one to JMU.

If we were to play Richmond today, we would probably lose. Who knows in 4 weeks with injuries, etc. But to expect this team to win 5 out of its last 6 games the way they are playing now, is a bit unrealistic. Remember, they lost to Penn, who is 1-3.

If we were to play Richmond today, we would probably lose. Who knows in 4 weeks with injuries, etc. But to expect this team to win 5 out of its last 6 games the way they are playing now, is a bit unrealistic. Remember, they lost to Penn, who is 1-3.
We don't have long to wait. This afternoon we will see if hope exists or not.

Unfortunately, I have a bit longer to wait. Game is on 9 hour tape delay in the DMV. Signing off in 3, 2, 1........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT