ADVERTISEMENT

Preakness

has anyone been to the preakness - and partied on the infield - since they stopped letting you BYOB? man, one of the very few times i've felt somewhat unsafe at a sporting event was standing on the infield with brawls breaking out all around our group and beers hurtling through the air.

This might be the most obvious Preakness result in history.

There's 2 horses in this race who are any good.

has anyone been to the preakness - and partied on the infield - since they stopped letting you BYOB? man, one of the very few times i've felt somewhat unsafe at a sporting event was standing on the infield with brawls breaking out all around our group and beers hurtling through the air.

I was there back in 2006 I wanna say. One of the funner events I have attended. the best was the people trying to run across the line of Porta-potties while getting bottles hurled at them

the cops also just let people piss on the edges of the infield without a care

I went in 2013, was part of the Mug Club. Pretty good deal, tickets are ~$100 and it's all you can drink. They line up about 500 kegs so there's really never any lines. While the one I went to was messy, it's no where near as bad as the old days (so I've heard). The day I went it was also only like 55 degrees and overcast/drizzling -- knocks everyone down a peg.

I was there back in 2006 I wanna say. One of the funner events I have attended. the best was the people trying to run across the line of Porta-potties while getting bottles hurled at them

the cops also just let people piss on the edges of the infield without a care

yeah, we would always set up in the corner of the final turn, usually more space out there if you got in early and established a big enough plot. i think we went pretty much every year from 2001 - 2008 or 2009. fun times.

Some nut in Laurel just bet 80K to win on Stravatari. Knocked his current odds down to 3-5. WTF? Obviously those odds won't hold but this will probably make the odds on the top 2 ultimately not as crappy.

A few thoughts on earlier races:
R9 - Chick Lang Stakes: Cue the hackneyed seinfield mudder reference because #6 Counterforce has breeding which says he should love a wet track. Great post for the horse has shown he can win in different ways and Asmussen has done well in this race. Going to play along with #1 Justin's Squared. Trifecta play: 6 over 1 over 3-4-5-7 and then 1 over 6 over 3-4-5-7

R11 - The Sir Baron Stakes: A live long or two could be in play here but I like the ML favorite #5 American Freedom trained by Bob B, stretching out to two turns and with a debut win in the slop. Exacta play: 5 over ALL.

R12: The Dixie Stakes: With the scratches need to re-calibrate. Was looking to key the 11 Force The Pass who ran a sharp race to finish 3rd, getting beat for 2nd by a head to a horse that made my derby day in the Woodford (Divisdero).

pick 4 starts at Race 10 and ends with the preakness. Will try and throw up a play.

Last edited:
gdog have you heard anymore about the weather? doesn't look like it was as bad as they expected yesterday.... no ras much ain overnight and not expected until 3ish now and looking at totals maybe not nearly as much. Trying to figure out these turf races to build a pick 4 tix

Edit: Never mind see track is now muddy but not quite as much rain. turf still listed as good.

My .50 Cent Pick 4:
R10: 3-5-6-9-10-12
R11: 4-5-6-7-9
R12: 4-7-9
R13: 3

Last edited:
yeah, we would always set up in the corner of the final turn, usually more space out there if you got in early and established a big enough plot. i think we went pretty much every year from 2001 - 2008 or 2009. fun times.

Just left sushi lounge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT