ADVERTISEMENT

Rockstar Energy Drinks

gldendog

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Jul 24, 2001
Jesus Christ, how does anyone drink this crap? Just had a can for literally the first time in my life and feel like my heart is about to explode out of my chest cavity. Not only that but it tastes like PISS. I'd rather eat McDonald's than drink this. People actually drink this? Is this the stuff that's in this shit that was banned? If so, I can see why. Sheer poison. Awful.

640_FOUR_LOKO.jpg

yeah 4Loko Light is nowhere near the same level as from 09. That shit got you CRUNK.

Rockstar Energy drinks have the same amount of caffeine per ounce as Red Bull.

Your heart really felt ready to explode?

Rockstar Energy drinks have the same amount of caffeine per ounce as Red Bull.

Your heart really felt ready to explode?

I'm fine with caffeine. It's the guarana shit that's also in it. And the taurine. Yes my heart was flying. Back to coffee.

I actually like the taste of Red Bull. I used to drink one every morning until I realized how unhealthy they are for you.

I also thought it might be harmful to my career when I show up at the 8:30 meeting wih a can of RB and everyone has coffee.

I drink far far too much coffee. I make a 48 oz pot of coffee on the stove, super strong, and drink at least half to 2/3rd's each day. However, if I have a no carb Red Bull or Monster I get jittery and crash hard after. It definitely is the other ingredients in those things that mess you up. I won't take pre-workout for the same reason.

I bring my big coffee mug to drink at my adult league games. I think it is more effective than redbull even if it is kind of gross to sip coffee in 80 degree heat

I make my own coffee because i have (grand)kids that get up at the crack of dawn and I would die of caffeine withdrawal by 7 AM if I didn't. It has nothing to do with badassery, quality or corporate opinions.

an adult rolling into work with a red bull who is not an extreme sports star is suggesting someone drinking an afternoon cup of coffee is weird?

Also claimed to have never used a urinal in his life. Out-trolling ball at this point, in some weird places.

Reactions: NickleDimer
IM A BADASS. I MAKE MY OWN COFFEE. STICKING IT TO THE MAN!

So you condone pissing away $6 a day for something you can make yourself for far, far less in a span of 2 mins. People waste more time driving to and sitting at the god damn drive thru than they would making it themselves. I can think of better things to spend that $42 a week and $160 a month on.

So you condone pissing away $6 a day for something you can make yourself for far, far less in a span of 2 mins. People waste more time driving to and sitting at the god damn drive thru than they would making it themselves. I can think of better things to spend that $42 a week and $160 a month on.

You realize most drinks at Starbucks are not 6 bucks? You're making a cup of coffee at home for like 1-1.50 a cup if you're using a KCup, and spending 2.10 at Starbucks for the same amount, but brewed better. So you're really saving roughly 7 bucks a week for a worse product.

You realize most drinks at Starbucks are not 6 bucks? You're making a cup of coffee at home for like 1-1.50 a cup if you're using a KCup, and spending 2.10 at Starbucks for the same amount, but brewed better. So you're really saving roughly 7 bucks a week for a worse product.

I have a frappuccino machine. They're what I make. They are $6 at Starbucks. To make them at home, using Starbucks coffee beans ($18 bag at Costco) costs approx .40 cents all told.

.40 cents vs $6. Not a tough call.

I have a frappuccino machine. They're what I make. They are $6 at Starbucks. To make them at home, using Starbucks coffee beans ($18 bag at Costco) costs approx .40 cents all told.

.40 cents vs $6. Not a tough call.

1. Frappuccino's are different than coffees. You were saying coffee.
2. You have a Frappuccino machine???? Very off brand.
3. You're not including the fixed cost of the machine...they start at what? 180 bucks for a crappy one? If you make a Frappuccino everyday (which I doubt) then you're adding 50c to each drink, assuming the expected life of a crappy Frappuccino machine is 1 year. A good one looks like its 3 grand, which I am assuming you don't have.

Reactions: NickleDimer
1. Frappuccino's are different than coffees. You were saying coffee.
2. You have a Frappuccino machine???? Very off brand.
3. You're not including the fixed cost of the machine...they start at what? 180 bucks for a crappy one? If you make a Frappuccino everyday (which I doubt) then you're adding 50c to each drink, assuming the expected life of a crappy Frappuccino machine is 1 year. A good one looks like its 3 grand, which I am assuming you don't have.

It's a coffee machine that makes the frothed milk that goes into fraps. Think the machine was $150. Had it for over 2 years. Works famously. Used daily. Literally. No one is stopping you from going to Starbucks. Have at it.

It's a coffee machine that makes the frothed milk that goes into fraps. Think the machine was $150. Had it for over 2 years. Works famously. Used daily. Literally. No one is stopping you from going to Starbucks. Have at it.
I'm just pointing out the math you were putting out was off. I have a machine too, but more for the convenience than the cost savings. You're just overestimating your cost savings, that's all.

I like fraps. Sue me. Coffee gets boring.

Hells to the yes I add whipped. Fat free too. Holla.

Reactions: tomjackleman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT