ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs. Meesh-E-gan

DCFRANKLIN

VUSports.com All-American
Dec 19, 2007
Back in the [Big East] day, the kids and I used to get in for free to see 'Cuse, Pitt, VT at Piscataway. Tickets for Saturday night are going for $225. Moral: Be careful what you wish for.

UPDATE: Ticket prices settled back into the $50-55 range before kickoff. Tailgate scene was a mosh pit with black clad students and more than a few adults devolving into pre-civilized behavior. Very intimidating sight. That said, I saw no disrespect toward Michigan fans, although it would be a cold day in July if no incidents were reported. Pasquale, my section's security guard, was reciting the RU chants and cheers throughout the game. I hope he had as good a time at it appeared to me.

Michigan had one physically impressive squad. Highly pro-Wolverine officiating inexplicably flipped RU's way on the last UM drive, leaving the Detroit Free Press decrying the refs. Hoke facially resembles Chris Christie. Maybe he can get a job as Christie's double once he's fired later this week.

This post was edited on 10/6 11:15 AM by DCFRANKLIN

DC, RU is a 3 point favorite this morning. Kind of scary. Shows how far Michigan has slipped in recent years. Hoke won't be around too much longer.

i know we knock Rutgers but the move to the Big ten is a good one for them. they may not win many games but their revenues will increase a ton and fans will come out to the games. they hosted Penn State and now Mich and Wisc later this season also they are 4-1 with one bad loss to an avg PSU team. Nova played Penn last week and now Maine.

pretty sick schedule.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/164/rutgers-scarlet-knights

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/164/rutgers-scarlet-knights

I don't think anyone disagrees that RU moving to Big Ten was a good move, you cannot pass up that opportunity.

However an athletic program as historically pathetic as Rutgers does not deserve a spot in one of the big 5 football conferences.

Clint Eastwood's character said virtually the same thing in the 1994 movie, "Unforgiven", when he was ready to cap Gene Hackman's Little Pete Daggett: "Deserve's got nothing to do with it".

Who said it first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT