ADVERTISEMENT

Same old Nova team...

PEHUSHRY

VUSports.com Addict
Apr 12, 2007
...except this roster is poorly constructed as we no longer have a power forward to help on the glass. We also do not have a backup Center. Reynolds is not ready to compete at this level.

Same Ochefu. Does not play well against legit frontcourts. The 6'8" Gill scored on him at will. Daniel still not able to score at the rim when another big is contesting him. He's flicking layups from his hip.

Same Arch. Ineffective offensively against legit backcourts. Struggles to guard. Lost Perrantes a couple times and Perrantes nailed daggers as a result.

I was impressed with Jenkins today. He played smart and made the shots he needs to make for a team that runs the risk of starting him at power forward. He stretched the floor.

Same Nova team with missed layups against good teams. We lost the game on the series where we finally got some repeated offensive boards/opportunities but missed all the 2nd and 3rd chances. UVA came down and scored, gut wrenching swing.

The worst part is that we played as good as we possibly could play and still lost. If we played them again it's not like Arch or Brunson would be more of a factor on both ends of the floor. It's not like Ochefu would alter Gill's shots and slow him down. It's not like we would shoot better from 3 point range. We actually made some shots.

We are extremely limited given what we have discovered about our frontcourt and what we already know about our backcourt. Ochefu has not improved, Reynolds is not ready. Arch and Brunson not able to handle guards like Brogdon or Hield or Woodard, etc.

My expectations are officially tempered and my fingers will be crossed in the NCAA tourney with the prayer that we shoot completely lights out from 3 point range as this would provide our only chance to go far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News