ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Rooks Remembered

bmoneynova

VUSports.com Legend
Oct 21, 2005
former Sixer gr8

interviewed for the Knicks assistant coaching job this morning, died this afternoon

the franchise is now killing people.

former Sixer gr8

interviewed for the Knicks assistant coaching job this morning, died this afternoon

the franchise is now killing people.

Didn't play one second of basketball for the Sixers. Other than that he was great.

he was an assistant coach in the gr8est era of Sixers basketball of our time

he was an assistant coach in the gr8est era of Sixers basketball of our time

Ok.

Any truth to the rumor that Phil poisoned him after he told him the triangle only works with generational type players?

Ok.

Any truth to the rumor that Phil poisoned him after he told him the triangle only works with generational type players?

just having a little fun

and I know the Knicks stink. you won't ever hear me say any different.

Supposedly a really nice guy, just like Kimbo Slice. Still waiting for the first guy to die where someone says he was a....

giphy.gif

That is a race between Kobe and MJ.
Disagree on MJ. The guy might be a total A-hole (I really don't know if he is or not) but nobody is going to say that about him the day he dies. Kobe on the other hand...

might? Is there any doubt?
OK, so he is.

Do you honestly think that anytime in the week he kicks the bucket, there will be a major news story about how his gambling debts caused the NBA to retire him? A fifth tier blog might have the story, which won't get any traction, but not ESPN.

Why is that a straw man?

My original point is that when he dies, there will be nothing buy praise and glory for him. None of the bad stuff will get discussed.

Let's not forget that his gambling led to his fathers roadside murder.

foyeeffect was eager to remind people how terrible mandela was

he was probably a better person than chris kyle not sure though

A poster here accused a distinguished congressman of child molestation the day he announced his retirement I believe. That's sort of close.

I think HBO is now dedicating an hour a week for stupid sports conspiracy theory/90210 talk. Your boy Simmons is back. Enjoy his high-pitched voice on demand.

Not sure what the problem is with MJ, I don't think he is anywhere near as outwardly annoying as people like Kobe and, at times, LeBron, and many others. I think he's handled being one of the biggest celebrities of our lifetime better than most people would. Can venture outside sports real quick and see many other f---ed up examples (e.g., Cruise and anyone associated with scientology, 95%+ of Hollywood, etc.).

Bad things have been said about Prince and Muhammad Ali shortly after heir passing. Anything is possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT