ADVERTISEMENT

Shaping up to be a good summer on 4.6

I have never heard of Aldi. We need a comprehensive list of grocery stores organized by social status.

(1) Whole Foods
(2) ....

It's a stiff taste. I can't do it plain all the time. Sometimes it needs a little sweetness.
I'm trying to acquire a taste for the plain yogurt. Right now I have a tub of whole milk yogurt from aldi, and I'm not completely hating it. I also don't mind the taste of Siggi's plain.

I also eat shredded wheat every morning, which might be the most unappetizing stuff on the face of the earth. I like it for breakfast, though, because it keeps me full and it keeps me regular.

By the way, does it make me a poor person if I shop at aldi?
WTF is aldi?

isnt that the parent company of trader joes? they actually have stores in the us? thought it was a euro thing

One about 10 miles away that might as well be another country.Never heard of it.

Everybody who's anybody knows that you can't reverse Type 2 Diabetes by changing what you eat.

That is a medical and scientific certainty.

BANG

Premium Content for Subscribers Only:

If I was diagnosed with a serious illness (T2D, any "real" cancer, any autoimmune, Parkinson's etc), the first thing I'd do is not eat for a week (as long as there isn't a specific reason not to, and there probably isn't, but would have to check).

I've already done the BBC 3.5 day fast twice. Part of what you get is essentially a kind of immune system "reset". If your immune system is attacking you, might want to bust that thing in the chops. I have no idea at all if it would be effective for that or any of the other conditions, but therapeutic fasting dates back centuries.
Thoughts on juice cleanses and the master cleanse? Thinking of doing one in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: spg109876ers
Are you a doctor or a nut case?

Oldbury.jpg

Do you know what to eat?

How?

Premium Content for Subscribers Only:

The Billy the Kid Gambit is stupid. Virtually every young(ish) person thinks that way on a sliding-scale. You take chances when you're young and then grow more conservative with age. That's how our dopey brains are wired up. There's nothing novel or unique to it, it's banal. When applied to a lifetime of bad health practices, you don't get a get-out-of-jail-free card, you get metabolic syndrome: cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, vascular dementia. At that point, everybody has to act "surprised" that you're "ill", and wonder at the "bad" "luck". Maybe they'll even make you a some-colored "ribbon" and sell that at the "Beef" & "Beer"?

None of this - for me at least - is about living longer. It's about being fully functional while I'm here. How many old fat people do you see? About as many wheelchairs you see wheeling into handicap stalls. Those people stay "inside". People who have eaten the "wrong" food have given up their "liberty".

As far as the endgame? If I get diagnosed with an illness I can't outrun, and my health degrades to past a certain point, I plan to find the "exit", rather than being placed into "storage". That's also the talk of a "simpleton". Much the same as your younger-self can't take care of itself, your older self will have lost the balls to do anything about it.

And don't think you'll just "die". Sure, you'll fall down, but odds are somebody with a mobile will call 911, and then you'll wind up in a "facility".

If me, gdog, and dirk (to call it) headed into one of these "facilities", and wagered over whether the "resident" in front of us had contraindication in their prescriptions, I'm taking "screwed" no matter where gdog sets the money line. I'll take that bet all day long and back up the truck.

Anything that has to do with the storage of humans has become "industrialized" to an extent that the original purpose is hardly recognizable. Just look at prisons or sleep-over college.
By hiding our problems when we ship them off to nursing homes and jails, we are denying them and not working towards a resolution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT