ADVERTISEMENT

Snottie - This Will Make You Barf

tjc3844

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Sep 10, 2003
I thought after our exchange of views last week about the government wasting our money, you should see this. It's another reason why your generation has to become more involved. 2 non-related people living together in MA could collect a total of $111,000 a year without ever leaving their home. While these are state figures, the federal redistribution of wealth is just as bad.

This post was edited on 1/29 9:29 PM by tjc3844

Welfare Payments

Re: Scottie - This Will Make You Barf

Originally posted by tjc3844:
I thought after our exchange of views last week about the government wasting our money, you should see this. It's another reason why your generation has to become more involved. 2 non-related people living together in MA could collect a total of $111,000 a year without ever leaving their home. While these are state figures, the federal redistribution of wealth is just as bad.
Please explain this graphic and how someone could realistically simultaneously collect $49,0000 in welfare benefits. Please.

Definitely would like to see something to back these numbers up but obviously I concur that we need to give people incentive to work. Not just monetarily, but maybe try stressing the pride and happiness that comes from being fulfilled through having a purpose in life. Too many people too comfortable sitting around vegging out in front of the tv.

This clickhole article was hysterical:

http://www.clickhole.com/article/these-researchers-set-out-debunk-myth-welfare-quee-702

Stop exporting jobs and importing workers and salaries would make working worthwhile.

Re: Scottie - This Will Make You Clown Vomit

Originally posted by tjc3844:
Title fixed.

4707482507_3ca0a38c9a_z.jpg

Just looked at my Jan. Paystub: first month of the year so adding in SS taxes but the first dollars are taxed at a lower rate: 47 percent of my check goes to uncle Sam. I'm a 47 percenter.

You need a better tax attorney. Should be able to reduce that.

How so? You pay the feds 35 (which goes to 40) percent of wage tax, throw in another 7K in SS, 1.5percent for Medicare (which goes up) and then state tax on top. I get mortgage deduction up to one million, state relief on 529's (Obama tried to take that away in SOTU) and also the taxes for my nanny. That's it. If you count the taxes I also pay as employer my effective rate is over 40 percent. Throw in property and it's. Another few points. That was supposed to be impossible. When I look at my check. And half of it. Is gone that blows. I was told you'd never be over 30 percent as the real rate.

Originally posted by adp98:

You pay the feds 35 (which goes to 40) percent of wage tax,
Only on the portion of your income which exceeds approximately $400K. The first $400K is taxed at a rate less than 35 (or 40)%.

im self employed and get a 1099 from the companies I underwrite for, but run my pay through a payroll company to produce a W2 for me and my employees. the payroll taxes are killer. so not only do i pay the government income taxes but i pay them taxes on paying myself and my staff. So I am penalized for employing americans. i had to change everyone to a 1099 and let them handle their own taxes. too expensive to run everything through payroll. with 1099s i dont have to pay payroll taxes when issuing payroll checks.

Re: Snottie - This Will Make You Clown Vomit

Didn't you leave out that, as an employer, you also have to pay state unemployment insurance taxes, novabball2?

Re: Snottie - This Will Make You Clown Vomit

and workers comp taxes

basically owning a business is expensive. the government has its hand in your pocket year round.

Strick, correct, my hit was actually 33 percent on this round and will rise to 40. 47 percent to gov. Nuts.

Strick, correct, my hit was actually 33 percent on this round and will rise to 40. 47 percent to gov. Nuts.
Check your 2014 income tax return. At the end of the day, I bet you didn't end up paying much more than about 30% in actual federal income tax.

Originally posted by RSTRICK30:

Check your 2014 income tax return. At the end of the day, I bet you didn't end up paying much more than about 30% in actual federal income tax.
"actual federal income tax" is misleading. It excludes A LOT OF TAXES that people pay ... Just saying

If ADP just looked at a pay stub for a $400K+ base salary, it was clearly his wife's.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You are correct. Probably 30-32 percent. Then you add in another 6.5 in state, SS and Med and you're at 40. As you know, the wage tax is just one of 3 fed taxes paid.

Originally posted by TwoDecks:

"actual federal income tax" is misleading. It excludes A LOT OF TAXES that people pay ... Just saying
It's not misleading. Federal Income Tax is one very specific type of taxation.

ADP referred to "wage tax"...I believe what he meant was Federal Income Tax. (since he went on to refer separately to other types of federal taxes)

Obviously there are many, many types of taxes...and Federal Income Tax is one of them.....and nobody pays 40% of their gross wages as Federal Income Tax..and virtually ZERO people pay as high as 35% of their gross wages as Federal Income Tax.

Just trying to clarify. What ADP should be complaining about it is his STATE income tax rate!

Originally posted by joeshmo32:
If ADP just looked at a pay stub for a $400K+ base salary, it was clearly his wife's.
She gets paid one Quarter at a time....

That's correct strick. For instance, Obamacare cost me another hit to uncle same even though it's not a wage tax. The effective rate in taxes is over 40 percent and that does not include any property or taxes on consumption. Just crazy.

I've begun to stop paying sales taxes as an act of civil disobedience.

That's correct strick. For instance, Obamacare cost me another hit to uncle same even though it's not a wage tax. The effective rate in taxes is over 40 percent and that does not include any property or taxes on consumption. Just crazy. Also doesn't include my portion as am employer. That's another 15k per year. I'm believe I said effective rate. I meant what portion I pay in state-fed from my paycheck.

That's correct strick. For instance, Obamacare cost me another hit to uncle same even though it's not a wage tax. The effective rate in taxes is over 40 percent and that does not include any property or taxes on consumption. Just crazy. Also doesn't include my portion as am employer. That's another 15k per year. I'm believe I said effective rate. I meant what portion I pay in state-fed from my paycheck.
I've heard conservatives say that higher taxes encourage the wealthy to stop working because it's just not worth it.

Are you almost to that point?

I'm not wealthy just make a lot of money. Talk to me in 5 years.

adp - the best is when you end up paying a ton of taxes on cash you don't take out of the business. Good times. It sucks towards the end of the year when you know every additional $10K in revenue means $4.5K in taxes.

letsgonova, if i have a surplus or any kind of profit in my business I just pay it out. that way it nets $0 on the financials. taxes are getting paid, just as personal income tax and not business tax. cant take a company that produces $0 in profits. falls under salary or payroll expense on the balance sheet.

Originally posted by Villanova U:

Originally posted by joeshmo32:
She gets paid one Quarter at a time....
ec
Just got this...and why Strick has the best wit on the entire INET.

Complaining about taxes by 1%ers is unbecoming. Cost of doing business. Just keep raking and be happy.

When shit goes down, it's the 52%ers against the 47%ers, and we all know how that turns out, so stick it in your bolthole.

$50K salary takes you almost into the 1%-er tier worldwide, it doesn't take much to be RAKING in this world. Do it, love it and shout about it on your iphone that would cost $15,000 if the world was fair. (Just don't text and drive in one of your 1-3 cars on the way to your 3000 square foot house).

Or ... just stop whining about "equitable" distribution when you have no real interest in actual equitable distribution, unless you really want to try out that living on $3 a day thing.

Originally posted by LGBlue:

...whining...
Are you reprimanding me for "whining" about people ""whining""?

I think that's an iNET incoherence...

inception-movie-trailer1.jpg

It's hard to say, sir, it may seem like quite the paradox. I think that if you were complaining, it was about the whining by the world wide 1%-ers. I was complaining about the whining of the USA 47 and 99%-ers. Just too much whining going on. Carry on.

I miss the old days where everyone worked, we paid hardly any taxes and all you had to do was put in some hard work to get rich and retire. Yeah, you should have seen the Atlantic Ocean in the old days. The Atlantic was really something back then.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
I miss the old days where everyone worked, we paid hardly any taxes and all you had to do was put in some hard work to get rich and retire. Yeah, you should have seen the Atlantic Ocean in the old days. The Atlantic was really something back then.
Not the mention the Villanova Student Section back then...oh and they played defense in the NBA!

Originally posted by Greg Woodward:
I'm not wealthy just make a lot of money.

Please define "a lot of money".
How do you define it? I'd say anything over half a million but not married to that number.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT