ADVERTISEMENT

Sons of Liberty

Mainliner II

VUSports.com Legend
Apr 25, 2006
3 night series on the History Channel...........anyone catching it? Final episode is on tonite, but, 1st two episodes are being re-run......Pretty good take on the pre-revolution........good scenery.......2 hour shows, but, 30 mins of commercials.....

Lots of historical inaccuracies according to my wife who works at a college history dept. One being that Sam Adams was born in 1722 and would've been in his early 50's when much of this was happening and not youngish like the actor portraying him.
This post was edited on 1/27 2:31 PM by AvalonFal

Caught the middle of an episode (stealing gunpowder).

Looked pretty well done.

Probably go back and like/watch.

Metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty-ps2-cover-front-eu-49555.jpg

I watched part of the 1st episode and gave up on it. It lacked any substance. I am greatly interested in the history of that era and had never watched John Adams so I am in the middle of that now. It is so much better. Sons of Liberty seemed to sacrifice history (and substance) just for action.

hoops......It does get better in the 2nd episode......but, appears that some fiction has been inserted into story. But, I like anything based on fact and that relates to the history of the country......find it better than the Walking Dead.......The end, while probably enhanced a little, was pretty cool in depicting the signing of the Declaration of Independence; be nice for school age kids to see.

and a post-script.......if you haven't go see American Sniper.......

This post was edited on 1/28 3:56 PM by Mainliner II

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT