ADVERTISEMENT

Spot to watch Nova-Butler on UES

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
I'm sure most of the 4.6ers are spending Valentine's Day alone. Chance I'll be doing the same. Where is a good spot to watch the Nova game. I'm UES so prefer to stay somewhere midtown north. However, I can travel.

You can hop on a few trains and get to Sligo's, which I hear has a very accommodating staff.

You can also rent a car and drive to Buck's county, which is conveniently located in relation to Manhattan.

With the usual stable of 4.6 jokes out of the way, I believe the official NYC Alumni Gamewatches are at Gramercy Ale House. Hopefully a 1%er like you can hop in an Uber and not end up like Bob Simon.

Appreciate the recommendation. For the record, I"m a man of the people and still believe in public transportation. I'll just take a cab.

Originally posted by adp98:
I'm sure most of the 4.6ers are spending Valentine's Day alone. Chance I'll be doing the same. Where is a good spot to watch the Nova game. I'm UES so prefer to stay somewhere midtown north. However, I can travel.
Oh damn, I am down in New Orleans or would have met up with you. What Villanova U said is probably your best bet.

"I'm sure most of the 4.6ers are spending Valentine's Day alone."

This drew a chuckle from me.

ADP, I've been meaning to ask you, but you rarely, if ever, discuss Nova hoops on here. Why?

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

ADP, I've been meaning to ask you, but you rarely, if ever, discuss Nova hoops on here. Why?
Or in Dmill's case, wishing he were alone...

Because I take hoops seriously and 4.6 doesn't take anything seriously. I'm certainly open to discussing hoops.

There is a pay board for that.

Originally posted by nardibynature123:

Oh damn, I am down in New Orleans or would have met up with you. What Villanova U said is probably your best bet.
My niece has decided she's ready to be born. Unscheduled trip. Her due date was the week prior to BET. We had it all worked out as I coming up Thursday of the tourney. Hopefully this isn't indicative of our relationship.

NYC Gamewatch is at Grammercy Ale House or Turnmill.

On UES, I have enjoyed watching games at Bar Coastal and Rathbones.

Reservoir Bar on 11th / university has become the new gamewatch destination for the younger generation. Chicks look better than ever too.

Originally posted by Chimpat:

They'll show our games there MWG? Like that bar.
11th and university. Argo tea better than Sarbucks. Discuss.

Speaking of that neighborhood, i was dismayed to see that Japonica has moved and is now half the size. Still had the same reliability, but damn, place is small now. Don't expect to have that walk right in at any time and snag a table option any more.

Take the 6 train down to Taproom 307. On 3rd Ave between 23rd and 24th. Filled with good looking girls in late 20s early 30s - and their male friends of course. Great drink selection, even better food.

Adp,
What happened to the 8PM dinner in GTown?
Possibly watching with a few nova guys on the UES. Will keep you posted.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by selmore1:
Adp,
What happened to the 8PM dinner in GTown?
Possibly watching with a few nova guys on the UES. Will keep you posted.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
My sister's baby game early. I'm now heading up Sunday and doing and up-and-back. Seeing my sister/niece, taking my parents out to dinner and then I'm around for a quick drink before hopping on a late train and heading back to DC. I'll shoot you an e-mail on my Sunday night whereabouts.

That's good stuff, MWG, had no idea about that. Think they'll be showing the game vs Seton Hall tonight?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT