ADVERTISEMENT

Super Win For Our Men Runners Today

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Cats won the 4 mile relay today at Penn Relays. GREAT win. Time was not super but a super, super win. Our guys and gals own the Penn Relays, just as our football guys own that football series.

Cats won the 4 mile relay today at Penn Relays. GREAT win. Time was not super but a super, super win. Our guys and gals own the Penn Relays, just as our football guys own that football series.
I get a kick when I realize Nova won this race without an American runner. Three from Australia and one from Canada. Coached by Marcus O'Sullivan, himself a native of County Cork.
Congrats to all.

I get a kick when I realize Nova won this race without an American runner. Three from Australia and one from Canada. Coached by Marcus O'Sullivan, himself a native of County Cork.
Congrats to all.
One of our knowledge alumns ,who has attended something like 37 Penn Relays, reported on the pay board that the Cats are bringing in a runner from Finland in the fall.

Last edited:
Ed, I'ts always been that way, hasn't it; when I was here all the guys were from the land of Guinness.

Ed, I'ts always been that way, hasn't it; when I was here all the guys were from the land of Guinness.
True. During the Jumbo glory days there was a definite Irish pipeline with Ron Delaney, Noel Carroll et al. Sprinkle in Puerto Rico (Rolando Cruz) and homegrown talent (Bragg, Budd, Drayton, Zwolak, Traynor et al), VU track was at the pinnacle of the national scene. Jumbo moved on and then Georgetown and Arkansas jumped that pipeline. Of course today you have Oregon and some others. Damn shame we couldn't keep up the tradition. There have been many, many highlights, but it's not what it was.

thanks - am a big Nova fan - sometimes feel compelled to point out the warts as well as the good things.

thanks - am a big Nova fan - sometimes feel compelled to point out the warts as well as the good things.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out faults. Some are well within our alums ability to control, others are not. Bottom line, we are all on the same team oriented towards the same endstate.

True, but I can't drink the Kool Aid that some do - "without understanding your weaknesses, you cannot capitalize on your strengths" (Sun Tzu - 600 BC).

"we are all on the same team oriented towards the same endstate."
Keynes: "In the long run we are alldead."
King: "Can't we all just getalong?"

Nice win by the Cat harriers, as the ink stained wretches used to say a hundred years ago, or so it seems.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT