ADVERTISEMENT

Take BWest's jersey off that new kid.

#20 should be retired.
That " new kid " is going to be a great player for Nova. We were all pissed at times today with the play of our kids. But they are just kids. And we did WIN the dam game.
BTW isn't retiring a jersey number symbolic? Is there not a hoops player wearing # 11.

Not a fan of retiring numbers........instead, hang a banner with the players name, number, and years played, but, continue to see the jersey number on the court or field. Some schools try to give a special number to a player that best emulates the better players in school history. Just an idea.

Not a fan of retiring numbers........instead, hang a banner with the players name, number, and years played, but, continue to see the jersey number on the court or field. Some schools try to give a special number to a player that best emulates the better players in school history. Just an idea.
Mainliner - I spent some time at the tailgate with a few LaSalle high guys. John Whalen, LaSalle 56, his brother Marty LaSalle 59. Also Joe Flanagan whose dad played football at LaSalle in late 50s. Young Flanagan, his wife and two sons joined us for the tailgate and game. They are friends of my son. Young Flanagan did not go to LaSalle but his 15 year old son started there this year.

I'm sure the kid will come into his own. He needs time to develop. Most kids do. We were frustrated by the momentum in the game being against us for much of the 2nd half. I'm suggesting that certain #s are emblematic of the program. BWest's 20 is one of those numbers. By retiring 20 a recruit won't be able to put coach in a difficult position by requesting it.

I'm sure the kid will come into his own. He needs time to develop. Most kids do. We were frustrated by the momentum in the game being against us for much of the 2nd half. I'm suggesting that certain #s are emblematic of the program. BWest's 20 is one of those numbers. By retiring 20 a recruit won't be able to put coach in a difficult position by requesting it.
Did this kid request the #?

Not only is McClenton good, but so are Forbes and Pollard. Running Back is not a position we will need to worry about anytime soon.

Reactions: softness1
That " new kid " is going to be a great player for Nova. We were all pissed at times today with the play of our kids. But they are just kids. And we did WIN the dam game.
BTW isn't retiring a jersey number symbolic? Is there not a hoops player wearing # 11.

actually, unc, #11(VU Great Paul Arizin) is the ONLY bb number that is RETIRED so no one will wear it again.

altho it's true that back in the Lappas years someone in the AD/BB office screwed up and Marvin O'Connor wore #11 for a year..

McClenton was awesome against Fordham. That kid has super speed on him and broke a couple of tackles while running and he's a freshman. I see great things from him!!

Reactions: Gangtackle11
So, with your same logic, should Gulyas not wear #4?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT