ADVERTISEMENT

Temple Football

FatPhilM

'Nova Nation Sensation
Feb 7, 2009
Serious question: If they go undefeated, will they get into the playoffs?

You dont mean the BCS playoffs do you? Wont matter they aren't going undefeated they had to block an extra point and run it back to beat umass.

If, hypothetically speaking, Temple goes undefeated and the teams they are competing with have a loss...lack of style points for the UMass game won't matter.

Now, before you get your panties in a bunch, I don't think this will happen. But it could.

Turns out it was a thread about fashion trends for Temple grads ;)

jay_leno_jimmy_fallon_a_l.jpg

If they beat an undefeated Notre Dame team on Halloween, and they beat an undefeated or one loss Memphis team that beat Ole Miss, I think they'd have a shot.

The odds of that scenario bearing out is exceedingly small.

If they win the AAC and go 11-1 they will get in a decent Bowl game......but, not the BCS playoffs......

Bowls are pointless. I think they could go undefeated and Luke still not even get a shred of consideration for the FBS playoff.

The entire reason they did the playoff was to ensure a team like temple never gets in. Zero chance, none.

The entire reason they did the playoff was to ensure a team like temple never gets in. Zero chance, none.

Doesn't a fringe team have a better chance under this system than the old one?

Regardless, unlikely they reach those proportions anyway. Still, a 2/3 loss season is still a nice campaign for them. Nothing wrong with that.

If they beat an undefeated Notre Dame team on Halloween, and they beat an undefeated or one loss Memphis team that beat Ole Miss, I think they'd have a shot.

The odds of that scenario bearing out is exceedingly small.

What year did Memphis beat Ole Miss? It wasn't this year. At least not yet. Or are you saying if they do this year?

Doesn't a fringe team have a better chance under this system than the old one?

Regardless, unlikely they reach those proportions anyway. Still, a 2/3 loss season is still a nice campaign for them. Nothing wrong with that.

No, because it's a bunch of people in a room and those people were put there to ensure the money goes to the big boys who established the new system.

Reactions: ericw
Serious question: What do you guys do during the fall? Jay filming any soap commercials?

this is such a sad question. so many ways one could go with it, but i think the saddest part is the presumption that temple football is enough to make this entire time of year fun for temple fans. how empty are your lives that an irrelevant (at best) football program makes you wonder what the rest of us do with our free time in the fall?

Serious question: What do you guys do during the fall? Jay filming any soap commercials?

Well today for instance, I walked past a homeless guy on my way to the subway. He was on a smartphone, and I noticed he was wearing a FOX School of Business sweatshirt. So to answer your question, today I find myself wondering if he always made bad decisions or if his life took a downturn after he decided that Temple was the school for him.

If that's you TU_NY be sure to let me know so I can drop off some leftovers in front of your little cardboard shed.

Temple could win out and it wouldn't matter. The best they can do is get a participation trophy and a Hot Cosby.

However, winning out may stop people from making fun of them so much, so there is that.

Serious question: If they go undefeated, will they get into the playoffs?

35k with virtually 100% of the crowd wearing cherry and white.

There have never been even close to that many Villanova fans in one place at one time... ever.

Once the blowout was on, we did the wave around the entire stadium about 12 times in a row.

2 things which strike me:
1-there are 28k undergraduates, so hopefully you can get more out next game
2-doing the wave 12 times is NOT a good look. Doing it once isnt good; 12 times is an abomination.

Personally hate the fact that any post on Temple football turns into people pissing on TU attendance and TU fans coming to make fun of Villanova for not having "BCS" football.

Personally, this fall, I am enjoying Rugby World Cup, Baseball Playoffs, Euro 2016 qualifying, and college hoops pre-season (first game in exactly 1 month). Villanova football has been decimated by injuries, so I'll watch if the games are on TV (so far 3 of our games have been televised here in Boston), but just hope we play hard and get ready for next season

to the original question - Temple has no shot at the playoffs this year

This fall my weeekend days are consumed by soccer practice, birthday parties, baseball and when I can sneak out myself tennis and golf. At night once the day is over I try to watch whatever is the national football games. Temple hasn't quite made it there. However, I was in a sports book last week and took them. They paid out, thank you. Been enjoying watching them and actually root for Temple. They are a harmless underdog playing a game where the deck is greatly stacked against any chance of real success playing big boy football. However, I usually root for all the Philly teams in most sports when not playing Nova. I'm somewhat of a sucker for the idea of the big 5.

Reactions: tmbmtm
Temple is playing some good ball and are pretty much a lock to make the AAC championship game, mostly because the west has 3 good teams and the east has 1, or maybe none.

That being said, if you like good defense, definitely take a look. That Temple/ND game is going to be a close one, though I think ND has too much talent.

Reactions: tmbmtm
It's a shame temple football is so bad, maybe they would actually start drawing real crowds regularly and stop stealing our tax payer dollars. I'm afraid this year is just an aberration and we'll see temple go back to drawing crowds of 4-6 thousand soon.

Reactions: ericw
Well today for instance, I walked past a homeless guy on my way to the subway. He was on a smartphone, and I noticed he was wearing a FOX School of Business sweatshirt. So to answer your question, today I find myself wondering if he always made bad decisions or if his life took a downturn after he decided that Temple was the school for him.

If that's you TU_NY be sure to let me know so I can drop off some leftovers in front of your little cardboard shed.
Hah! Didn't even attend Fox while I was at TU, still make more money than 99% of people my age that attended Villanova... or any school, for that matter.

Back to the original question: What do you do during the fall while alumni and fans of high major schools engage in the #1 college athletics event, football?

I've never seen the conference of americans considered a high major by any source. ESPN still regards the BE as a high major. Please provide any evidence that contradicts either of these statements.

Also, how much money do you make tough guy?

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=Temple_University/Salary
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=Villanova_University/Salary

Temple (Early career - 45k, Mid Career - 79k)
Villanova (Early career - 55k, Mid Career - 101k)

Not even in the same stratosphere.

Hah! Didn't even attend Fox while I was at TU, still make more money than 99% of people my age that attended Villanova... or any school, for that matter.

Back to the original question: What do you do during the fall while alumni and fans of high major schools engage in the #1 college athletics event, football?

sweet straw man argument: you make more than 99% of people your age that attended any school... you're obviously very good with numbers - statistics are hard - don't feel bad - you are after all, a Temple grad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT