ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for the help....Endowed Scholarship has been set up

DC_VU_Chapter

VUSports.com All-American
Nov 17, 2005
Just want to thank the many folks on the message board that helped me understand more about the process and challenges that they encountered when setting up an endowed scholarship at Villanova. The resource that this board has been for me over the years is just tremendous.

Two years ago we lost Bill Slamkowski '85 to a heart attack. Bill was in the Honor Program at Villanova and swam all four years. I had the pleasure and fortune of knowing Bill while at Villanova and after graduation. He was a wonderful person and made everyone he met feel like the most important person in the room.

With the help of 2 other swimmers, we have started the scholarship and just last week hit the minimum amount to endow the fund ($100K). We are thrilled about this progress and it was only achieved by the collective brain power and experience of the VUSports Board.

We will have a special tent at reunion next to the Class of '85 tent if you are interested in learning more about Bill and the William T. Slamkowski '85 Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News