ADVERTISEMENT

TV Land Pulls the "Dukes" over Confederate Flag

has anyone ever watch Gone with the Wind? its 4 hrs long. 6 hrs with commercials on AMC. its a good movie considering it was aired in 1939 but man its long.

when you take this stuff off the air it becomes an issue, prior to that it was a non issue.

Dukes is a great show. ill miss it.

Do they still show that SBTB where Zack dresses up like an Indian you'd see in The Rifleman?

Let's not show any movie where the twin towers appear in the nyc skyline for fear of someone feeling sad.

Let's not show any war movie for fear of portraying the enemy country in a bad light for fear of offending someone.

The confederate flag is not in Dukes to offend anyone. It has no bearing on the show or its content. No reason to cancel it because of a paint job on a car.

All evils have been cured great day for America. The most interesting part of all this is I have seen more confederate flags over the past 3 days on TV, online and in person then I have seen in my lifetime.

Remember that episode where they dragged special guest star Jimmy Walker to his death behind the General Lee?

Sad to see ND following in the the pathetic footsteps of ball and Dmill with obvious trolling. Like we're supposed to believe he's always been offended by the Dukes.

ND based on your rationale many other things would have to be taken off the air. Much music wouldn't ever see the light of day. Who knew you were so conservative

No more Dukes of Hazzard?!! This is total bullsh@t. Yeah, banning a 1980's TV show that has been shown in re-runs for over 35 years is the appropriate response for such a horrible crime. I'm fairly certain this will be the turning point to end racism in America once and for all...

ND based on your rationale many other things would have to be taken off the air. Much music wouldn't ever see the light of day. Who knew you were so conservative
Share some examples, please.
Also note that nothing HAS to be taken off the air. They are free to air whatever they want. It's just a programming choice.

This is a great nation. You're free to express hate and most choose not to.

ND insert rap song. insert lyrics from rolling stones songs etc etc. This whole thing is ridiculous. Of course you know this but prefer to troll

Last edited:
th

Does this mean that I am a racist?

I LOVED the Dukes as a kid! I used to ride my big wheel and bike around imagining I was a Duke boy. True story: I remember yelling "yeehaw" right before going over the the handlebars on my Huffy. We were using a picnic table with the legs broken on one end as a bike jump. It hurt.

On a related note, "Blazing Saddles" should never air again!

How long before racists like dr van and cwertzie start chiming in on this thread defending the General Lee playing Dixie as "the good ol boys" do their thing.

For the rest of the civilized world, this is long overdue.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I do think pulling the Dukes of Hazard was dumb unless the rating justify it. A private company doing so is different than a state sponsored buildinh doing it imo

Exactly how I feel, Snottie.

Although, I do think that the Confederate national flags belong at Fort Sumter, even though they're probably on the outs.

Exactly how I feel, Snottie.

Although, I do think that the Confederate national flags belong at Fort Sumter, even though they're probably on the outs.

I don't know in what context they are displayed at Sumter. I think in a museum type of environment it's fine - any kind of patriotic display though is just in bad taste.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT