ADVERTISEMENT

Twenty Southeastern Pa Commitments Headed To Nove Foes

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Out of these 20 commitments, 8 are going to Temple. Every media outlet around Philly has declared Temple had a great recruiting year.
Five headed to Lafayette, two to Lehigh, while Maine, Richmond, UNH, Towson, W&M all took one. Notice none to Delaware. I am surprised. None to Nova. Again I am surprised. I'll list the players later this weekend. In the mean time I'll get ready for a big Nova hoops game today on national TV. I am going to the game watch at Gulliftys in Rosemont.

Reactions: ericw
It seems in years past,Villanova has been able to get a few players from the Philadelphia area. I know they they tried to get the kid from Bishop Shanahan in Downingtown who initially verbaled to Villanova but who decided to go to Miami of Ohio at the last minute. Even still,Coach Talley and staff had a good recruiting class. Maybe next year Villanova will be able to get a few kids from the Philadelphia area.

Recruiting is certainly interesting. A couple of decades ago we had that very productive Calif. pipeline. That dried up. Then a few years ago it was So. Jersey. That's petered out a bit. We also had a little bit of success in Fla. None this year. Through it all we keep getting very good results regardless of where they come from. Now, I'm going to sound Parochial. One area that I always felt we would do better in was the Phila. Catholic League and Catholic schools in Eastern/Central Pa. We've done ok in those areas, but #'s are small, especially since we are the lone Catholic University in the East with an outstanding football Program and a great Education to offer. Not a criticism of Andy and staff, as I think they do a great job of recruiting. Just seems odd we haven't done more in those area. Regarding Uncle ED's comment. It sure is unusual that both us and Delaware, had no S.E. Pa. recruits this year.

UD only had 8-9 scholarships to give due to big classes the last two years. Something like 80% of their roster were frosh/soph this past year. Two of those schollies went to the Reeder brothers. They were very selective. They still have a few left over for post spring ball FBS transfers, probably a QB.

UD only had 8-9 scholarships to give due to big classes the last two years. Something like 80% of their roster were frosh/soph this past year. Two of those schollies went to the Reeder brothers. They were very selective. They still have a few left over for post spring ball FBS transfers, probably a QB.
UD brought in 7- 2016 grads, 2 transfers, 2 preferred walk-ons. Will certainly bring in more transfers, a punter and QB for sure. One transfer is Troy Reeder a very good starting outside LB from PSU. His younger brother Colby was one of three All-State players brought in. These two Reeder guys are great recruits.
There dad was a good player at Delaware.

Did we have a shot at the brothers?
No. dad played at UD. The UD staff is on record as being totally committed to recruiting players from the state of Delaware. Of the seven 2016 grads they brought in three are from instate. Salesianum coach Bill DiNardo was very happy to see UD bring in those instate players. "When I first met coach Brock, the thing that really sticks in my head is he said he was going to be involved with the Delaware schools" said DiNardo. "I'm hoping things turn around there, and I'm hoping these kids do well for him."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT