ADVERTISEMENT

Two FCS Scores That Are a Joke

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Eastern Washington, sitting at Sports Network # 2 all season 56 - Idaho St 53. I don't think Idaho St could beat La Salle High( what do you think Main Liner?) Does anyone this think EW could put up 56 on our Cats? Even on that stupid field. How about this - Montana St a top 20 FCS team 59 - Sacramento St 56. Give me a break. Montana St has been top 20 all season. Again they would be lucky to score 20 against Cats. I can.t wait for the playoffs. Yes you doubters ,this VU team is playoff bound.

I'm with you, Ed. I wonder if we are on a collision course with Fordham again. I'm sure they would like to get another crack at us.

Prospect_maybe we are but who cares Cats will crush them again.
My take-if Cats split those very tough Va. games they would earn a bye and then a home game. UNH might be in the same boat and if Fordham wins round one they get sent to UNH.
Some Nova fans are afraid to say this Nova team is very good. I am not afraid to say Cats are very good. However they need to stay focused.

I saw those scores. How does Idaho St. score 53 points on the # 2 team in FCS? Also #1 North Dakota St. scored 14 points in the 4th quarter to pull out a 17-10 win over 2-4 Western Illinois. Very difficult to gauge how good we may be compared to these Western teams. Usually no common opponents. Polls are a bit of a crap shoot. Just a week or so ago Delaware was ranked # 25. That ranking was due to their reputation not their 2014 accomplishments or lack thereof. Having lost to that powerhouse Sacred Heart on Saturday they'll probably drop to 26th!
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by UncleEd:

Eastern Washington, sitting at Sports Network # 2 all season 56 - Idaho St 53. I don't think Idaho St could beat La Salle High( what do you think Main Liner?) Does anyone this think EW could put up 56 on our Cats? Even on that stupid field. How about this - Montana St a top 20 FCS team 59 - Sacramento St 56. Give me a break. Montana St has been top 20 all season. Again they would be lucky to score 20 against Cats. I can.t wait for the playoffs. Yes you doubters ,this VU team is playoff bound.
Ed.....can't comment on Eastern Washington......don't keep tabs on the FCS teams out west until playoff time. But, LaSalle is having another nice season......big game friday vs. St Joe Prep. Both teams have a few players that would look good on the mainline next year.

I can wait for the postseason. I enjoy the ride, seeing our Cats continue to win on the way. Then I'll enjoy the playoffs. Doesn't getting home games rely on putting dough up.

The only thing that concerns me is injuries. We have lost two starters for the year I believe and two others are out for awhile. Any more and it could get very hairy for a playoff run. I do agree that the Cats are very very good. Let's hope the injury bug stays away.

Just read that E. Washington's outstanding QB, Vernon Adams, is out for 3 to 6 weeks. He broke his foot in the 56-53 win over Idaho St. but continued to play. He was having a sensational season, much like our J.R. Adams was the 2013 Walter Payton Award runner up. Don't know how tough the rest of E. Washington's schedule is but they are probably good enough to stay in the Playoff hunt.

How is Coastal Carolina ranked so high?? Because of the conference they are in, they play no one.

paschalll I am not even going to get in a football discussion now about EW. So sad to see a kid go down. We all know the QB position is #1. BTW it seems to me Vernon Adams has been in school six years. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT